PDA

View Full Version : Federer: Mirka's his condition trainer?

Marius_Hancu
08-20-2007, 02:25 AM
I didn't know that Mirka's his condition trainer.
I thought it was Pierre Paganini.

Perhaps she's his travelling condition trainer
and Paganini's the one staying back home (in Switzerland and or Dubai)?

--------------

http://www.cincytennis.com/2/en/players/interviews/

Q. Earlier in the week you talked about trying to construct a schedule
that would allow to you play until you're like 35. How do you go about
doing that?

ROGER FEDERER: Speak a lot to my conditioning trainer. We decide
together what tournaments I want to play. I don't do it with my
coach. I don't do it with anybody else

My condition trainer is my girlfriend, so we sit down ask say, What do
you want to play next year? These are the options and these are the
weeks I want to work and these are the weeks when I want off time.

lakis92
08-20-2007, 03:58 AM
I thought Mirka was just his manager. Didn't know that.

Michelangelo
08-20-2007, 06:34 AM
Mirka needs a condition trainer for her body as well!

norcal
08-20-2007, 08:04 AM
Nadal trains by pumping the iron, Fed trains by pushin' the cushion.

/spinaltap

king of swing
08-20-2007, 08:06 AM
Mirka needs a condition trainer for her body as well!

Amen!!!!!!

goforgold99
08-20-2007, 08:11 AM
I didn't know that Mirka's his condition trainer.
I thought it was Pierre Paganini.

Perhaps she's his travelling condition trainer
and Paganini's the one staying back home (in Switzerland and or Dubai)?

--------------

http://www.cincytennis.com/2/en/players/interviews/

Q. Earlier in the week you talked about trying to construct a schedule
that would allow to you play until you're like 35. How do you go about
doing that?

ROGER FEDERER: Speak a lot to my conditioning trainer. We decide
together what tournaments I want to play. I don't do it with my
coach. I don't do it with anybody else

My condition trainer is my girlfriend, so we sit down ask say, What do
you want to play next year? These are the options and these are the
weeks I want to work and these are the weeks when I want off time.
Maybe he meant it as a joke.. :confused:

dunloplayah
08-20-2007, 08:14 AM

/spinaltap

my stbux iced latte just came out of my nose when I read that! :)

phoony
08-20-2007, 08:16 AM
Mirka should should go on classes and learn some yoga.

stalow
08-20-2007, 09:19 AM
I don't understand the harshness toward Mirka, not just here but anytime a comment is made about Roger, it seems that shortly there will be a snide remark about Mirka.

Would everyone be happier if Roger hooked up with a little bimbo? I think it speaks pretty well for him that his lady is not a "10" and he loves her (apparently) and has high regard for her opinion. If Mirka is okay with Roger, that's all that counts, and she seems to be doing just fine, she's certainly sporting some nice bling that Roger's picked up for her!

:?

Topaz
08-20-2007, 09:27 AM
I don't understand the harshness toward Mirka, not just here but anytime a comment is made about Roger, it seems that shortly there will be a snide remark about Mirka.

Would everyone be happier if Roger hooked up with a little bimbo? I think it speaks pretty well for him that his lady is not a "10" and he loves her (apparently) and has high regard for her opinion. If Mirka is okay with Roger, that's all that counts, and she seems to be doing just fine, she's certainly sporting some nice bling that Roger's picked up for her!

:?

And...I would like to add...if she's his manager, and he's #1 in the world and, in some peoples' opinions, the GOAT, then she is obviously doing something right, correct? I just don't get any of the 'he should do this' or 'he should do that' or 'Mirka needs this/that' posts...'cause he and Mirka seem to be doing just fine without any help, especially the 'experts' on this board!

Mirka is head and shoulders above all of the 'bimbo' tennis girlfriends that probably don't even know which end of the racquet a person hold onto! (My favorite, at Legg Mason, seeing one of these BGF trot onto the practice court...in four inch stilettos.) These girls are nothing but eye candy, where as Mirka is an integral part of Fed's team.

natasha_nana
08-20-2007, 09:43 AM
I agree...

I have much more respect for Mirka who has basically dedicated her life to Roger's career (at the cost of her own physical well-being)...than all the other WAGs who are just along for the ride.

I think it's pretty safe to say that while Roger might have achieved a lot of what he has without a coach...without Mirka, he would not have been able to do half of it.

People always say Roger could do a lot better...frankly I'm not so sure he could. He'd have to be pretty darn lucky to find another person willing to dedicate herself quite so completely (and effectively) to him.

gugarafa
08-20-2007, 10:27 PM
crap guys....no matter how much mirka has dedicated her life to fed,she's gotta get her butt in shape..is there a blackrock-like-tour for ladies? she should join it.

on her being his manager,i think she's done a pretty good job but i doubt fed would be UNABLE to accomplish all these things WITHOUT her.

Mick
08-20-2007, 10:56 PM
My condition trainer is my girlfriend

Wow. Let's hope Federer's condition trainer does not think he is too skinny and isn't working on adding more weight to his body :D

koopa_troopa
08-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Federer also said Mirka helps him warm up and practice. Looks like she is earning that ring of hers.

whistleway
08-20-2007, 11:39 PM
I think it was probably mistranscribed. I think it is an "and" rather than "is"/

And Pagnini spends almost all his time in SWI.

AM28143
08-20-2007, 11:44 PM
I still think Mirka's pretty. Maybe I just like Swiss girls.

Mick
08-20-2007, 11:56 PM
I still think Mirka's pretty. Maybe I just like Swiss girls.

yeah but Mirka is a Czech.

AM28143
08-20-2007, 11:58 PM
yeah but Mirka is a Czech.

Is she? Never knew that. I guess I just like Czech girls.

Mick
08-21-2007, 12:04 AM
Is she? Never knew that. I guess I just like Czech girls.

Yep. She became a Swiss Citizen but she was born a Czech.

http://i15.tinypic.com/4vnq5ae.jpg

AM28143
08-21-2007, 12:05 AM
She is pretty tall.

sunflowerhx
08-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Recently watched a DVD of Fed vs Sampras Wimbledon 2001.

Caught a glimpse of Mirka in the player's box and she was so much slimmer back then. How could she be a Fed's condition trainer?

Does he run on the treadmill whilst she munches mars bars?

Sup2Dresq
08-21-2007, 01:39 PM
And...I would like to add...if she's his manager, and he's #1 in the world and, in some peoples' opinions, the GOAT, then she is obviously doing something right, correct? I just don't get any of the 'he should do this' or 'he should do that' or 'Mirka needs this/that' posts...'cause he and Mirka seem to be doing just fine without any help, especially the 'experts' on this board!

Mirka is head and shoulders above all of the 'bimbo' tennis girlfriends that probably don't even know which end of the racquet a person hold onto! (My favorite, at Legg Mason, seeing one of these BGF trot onto the practice court...in four inch stilettos.) These girls are nothing but eye candy, where as Mirka is an integral part of Fed's team.

Topaz,..

Are you talking about Haas gf.. Foster? I saw here on the practice courts and she just seemed inconvenienced by everything. I even heard her doing "baby talk with Tommy" requesting to know how long he will be. (begin barfing).

I agree Mirka seems level headed and proper.

Greengrass
08-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Must admit my first reaction when I read he'd said his g/f was his condition trainer was ... "too much information, Roger"!

Agree with natasha_nana - I also happen to think he wouldn't have accomplished as much as he has without the emotional stability Mirka has given him. It must be more than a coincidence that Fed came really good after Mirka's career in tennis was over and she started travelling with him full-time. Didn't he say as much after winning Shanghai last year ... as in "People say I'm the best, but I need Mirka to be the best". A public declaration of his feelings if ever I heard one.

tennispro11
08-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Must admit my first reaction when I read he'd said his g/f was his condition trainer was ... "too much information, Roger"!

Agree with natasha_nana - I also happen to think he wouldn't have accomplished as much as he has without the emotional stability Mirka has given him. It must be more than a coincidence that Fed came really good after Mirka's career in tennis was over and she started travelling with him full-time. Didn't he say as much after winning Shanghai last year ... as in "People say I'm the best, but I need Mirka to be the best". A public declaration of his feelings if ever I heard one.

Well said. She is a down to earth, genuinely nice person. I watched her hit in Houston in 2004 for the Tennis Masters Cup. Got a picture with her as well as having about a ten mintue conversation with her. She is amazing and I think she helps keep Roger calm and down to earth. Without Mirka, Roger would be a different player and man.

ilovecarlos
08-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Yep. She became a Swiss Citizen but she was born a Czech.

http://i15.tinypic.com/4vnq5ae.jpg

Hey, Mirka and I have the same birthday!!! Cool!;)

Azzurri
08-21-2007, 03:32 PM

/spinaltap

LOL!!!!!!!!!! Almost ****ed my pants. Great post!:D

Topaz
08-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Topaz,..

Are you talking about Haas gf.. Foster? I saw here on the practice courts and she just seemed inconvenienced by everything. I even heard her doing "baby talk with Tommy" requesting to know how long he will be. (begin barfing).

I agree Mirka seems level headed and proper.

The chick wasn't with Haas...I didn't recognize the player right away, and now I can't remember much about him...just that I was astounded by her choice of footwear and how they made her walk kind of funny, especially on the courts.

When I did see Haas on the practice courts he was alone. That was my chance! I missed it!!!

cmb
08-22-2007, 07:48 PM
and I never knew she was 3 years older....

FarFed
08-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Didn't know that she's 3 years elder to Federer, that makes her 29 going on 30. You can expect a little flab on a 30 year-old female, it's common with the female constitution.

bleenn10
08-23-2007, 09:50 AM
130lbs?
10yrs ago maybe

CyBorg
08-23-2007, 09:55 AM
Man, I had a dream today that Federer seriously injured himself in a warm up for the US Open.

It was so realistic. I was relieved to find out that it he's all right and in the secure hands of someone with full knowledge of proper diet and nutrition.

BlackgirlX
08-24-2007, 10:17 PM
A lof of misogynst comments written but not a surprise. I am guessing the people writing these sexist comments are young males. Beauty fades, no one is young forever. Roger obviously loves Mirka because she loves him unconditonally. I mean me personally I wouldn't want to be around my boyfriend 24/7 but she seems to love him so much she's willing to give up her life for him. I think that's the only thing about Mirka I worry for her. I mean I don't think its right that she isn't more independent and away from Roger. I wonder if they have a co dependent relationship? I mean where would Roger be without Mirka? Mirka does so much for him. I hope she will find her own life beyond Roger and have something for herself. And if they break up Roger better get ready to pay up because she trained Roger, she coached him she basically made Roger the person he is now.

Virtuous
08-24-2007, 10:54 PM
A lof of misogynst comments written but not a surprise. I am guessing the people writing these sexist comments are young males. Beauty fades, no one is young forever. Roger obviously loves Mirka because she loves him unconditonally. I mean me personally I wouldn't want to be around my boyfriend 24/7 but she seems to love him so much she's willing to give up her life for him. I think that's the only thing about Mirka I worry for her. I mean I don't think its right that she isn't more independent and away from Roger. I wonder if they have a co dependent relationship? I mean where would Roger be without Mirka? Mirka does so much for him. I hope she will find her own life beyond Roger and have something for herself. And if they break up Roger better get ready to pay up because she trained Roger, she coached him she basically made Roger the person he is now.
Credit where credit is due, but this is a ridiculous exaggeration.

tennispro11
08-24-2007, 10:56 PM

WTF? I don't think so.

Mick
08-24-2007, 11:08 PM
before every match, coach Mirka would tell Federer: "Roger I want you to win this match"

and Federer would follow Mirka's instruction most of the time. Mirka is a fine coach :D

rommil
08-25-2007, 10:05 AM
before every match, coach Mirka would tell Federer: "Roger I want you to win this match"

and Federer would follow Mirka's instruction most of the time. Mirka is a fine coach :D

I don't think she even have to say it. She just gives him a look.

nswelshman
08-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Look at the facts...

Mirka was a professional player. It doesnt matter that she wasnt number 1 in the world, she trained years to arrive to where she did in tennis including undergoing years of physical fitness training.

It doesnīt matter what she looks like now, that she isnīt in the same shape as when she was playing.

She has the experience and knowledge of what needs to be done. Anyone who thinks she doenst know what shes doing clearly has no understanding of what is learned doing fitness training 5 days a week for over 10 years ...

tenis
08-25-2007, 12:46 PM
I agree 100% with STALOW,TOPAZ,NATASHA and NSWELSHMAN !
And just one more think, it's difference between Czech Republic and Slovakia - that's for the "overeducated" theorists.

naffi
08-25-2007, 06:13 PM
So, is this a case of "do as I say, not as I do" deal?

http://www.******************.blogspot.com