PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Tecnifibre NRG 2 17...

Bubba
08-20-2007, 08:02 AM
If you've played/strung with it... what did you think?

Valjean
08-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Power string; a bit stiff (though not as bad as X-One); tends to spray the ball after one or two sessions; frays badly, when it does. Seemingly good tension retention causes you to scratch your head since play goes awry too soon.

jmverdugo
08-20-2007, 08:49 AM
I had a reel of it and use it untill now that im thinking on either buying a new reel of it or changing to other multi. For me it is a good multi, with some power and good feel, it even feel a little bit like a poly when strung at high tensions. (@ 60-61 on a RDS001MP). Im currently using it on my crosses and it is just fine.

What i dont like is that it frays, and out of the sudden it loose a lot of it tension. Also there are cheapper, Im looking to try the Prince SGM, which comes in more quantity at a lower price if i like it then i would change, if not then ill buy another reel of NGR2.

Valjean
08-20-2007, 02:46 PM
While PSGM is a good choice too, the intermediate selection would be Tecnifibre's Multifeel; did you try that one?

jmverdugo
08-20-2007, 03:31 PM
While PSGM is a good choice too, the intermediate selection would be Tecnifibre's Multifeel; did you try that one?

No i havent, thanks for the info, i will test it.

neverstopplaying
08-20-2007, 04:09 PM
I liked this string a lot and it may become my string of choice in the near future. Great feel, balanced power and control for about 15 hours of play. I'm 4.0-4.5 all courter and used NRG2 twice @55lbs with the TF335.

I'm also experimenting with gut and a few poly/multi hybrids - hard to decide.....and I want to try X1 too.

goosala
08-21-2007, 07:38 PM
It is a good multi that gave me good pop on my serves. The tension does maintain pretty well.

rasajadad
08-22-2007, 05:22 AM
As far as stringing it, I thought it (NRG2) was relatively easy to work with.

Forehand Forever
08-22-2007, 05:59 AM
I had a reel of it and use it untill now that im thinking on either buying a new reel of it or changing to other multi. For me it is a good multi, with some power and good feel, it even feel a little bit like a poly when strung at high tensions. (@ 60-61 on a RDS001MP). Im currently using it on my crosses and it is just fine.

What i dont like is that it frays, and out of the sudden it loose a lot of it tension. Also there are cheapper, Im looking to try the Prince SGM, which comes in more quantity at a lower price if i like it then i would change, if not then ill buy another reel of NGR2.

PSGM is a great string. I'm using it in my PD and it feels great.

dbenesch15
08-22-2007, 11:32 PM
I strung this string at 62 pounds in my m-fil 300 and it felt great. The only problem was that I snapped it in 4 days of playing.