PDA

View Full Version : Best string for my friend

bank5
08-20-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm stringing a racquet for a friend of mine. She hits with a Pure Drive, played in college, has relatively flat strokes, is accurate and can hit sharp angles and has excellent volleys.

The only non-polys I have are Gosen OG Micro, 1/2 set of Alpha Gut and another 1/2 set of Alpha multi. Is there a combination with 2 of those 3 that would work well or is there another string that you would recommend? Also, what tension do you think would be best?

Steve Huff
08-20-2007, 07:28 PM
It would help if you knew what string and tension she used now, and what she liked and didn't like about it. But, with the limited info you gave, I'd give Alpha Gut 2000 a try in the mains, with OG Micro in the crosses with the OG at about 3-4# lower tension than the Alpha Gut.

bank5
08-21-2007, 04:29 PM
It would help if you knew what string and tension she used now, and what she liked and didn't like about it. But, with the limited info you gave, I'd give Alpha Gut 2000 a try in the mains, with OG Micro in the crosses with the OG at about 3-4# lower tension than the Alpha Gut.

Great, thanks. I wasn't sure about a multi/syn-gut hybrid but I took your recommendation and I think she'll really like it.

She doesn't play competitively anymore so she just said to string it with whatever. She played with a Pro Staff 6.1 in college, I think w/ Sensation strung at mid range.