PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Back

blakealltheway
08-20-2007, 04:05 PM
James Blake's autobiography "Breaking Back" is the most recent tennis literature. In my opinion, it is one of the most inspirational stories in the history of sports. Those of you who have read the book please let me know what you thought of it.:)

brazen
08-20-2007, 04:14 PM
Haven't read it yet, but I think the title has a good inside joke, seeing that he broke his vertabrate. Anyone else pick up on that?

Aside from the usual played out JB story that we hear over and over on TV by commentators and pieces done on him. How is the book really that much more inspiring?

blakealltheway
08-20-2007, 04:21 PM
How is the book that much more inspiring?

We are used to hearing the "filtered" story, a short version of what happened to JB as told by people who have a very weak connection with him. In his book, JB tells us the story through the eyes of the person who was suffering. The details he gives are ones you will never find in a filtered story.

tennispro11
08-20-2007, 04:25 PM
It is a must for all tennis fans and sports fans in general. It will get you pumped up and inspire you to do whatever it is you want to do. I thoroughly enjoyed and I recommend it to anybody who enjoys a good autobiography.

daddy
08-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Anyone would buy this maybe for me ? Id pay of course, I have no paypal here and would like to read it ? If so pm me pls.

tennispro11
08-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Anyone would buy this maybe for me ? Id pay of course, I have no paypal here and would like to read it ? If so pm me pls.

Hey, I couldn't send you a private message on here. Said you had disabled it. But I could order on Amazon for you and have it shipped to you. I also work for an internet shipping business, so I could send it to you that way as well.

daddy
08-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Hey, I couldn't send you a private message on here. Said you had disabled it. But I could order on Amazon for you and have it shipped to you. I also work for an internet shipping business, so I could send it to you that way as well.

I disabled it ? IO will turn it on, so you send it when you can I mean pm. I would still love to pay and then get the book, I am not good on owing money to ppl. I guess I have done somethign and now you can email me. Trya nd we will amke a deal, thanks a bunch !!!!

Hidious
08-20-2007, 10:49 PM
I did not read the book but i love what James Blake said, i can't remember where: Something like: "When i was in my hospital bed, struggling to heal, i only received one good luck note from an ATP player and it was from the world #1 and the best player ever, Roger Federer."

Roger is classy. Sorry for screwing the quote up tho. Anybody have the exact quote?

Fedexeon
08-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Lolz, i'm getting "Quest for Perfection : The Roger Federer Story" pretty soon. I will consider getting this after that book.

koopa_troopa
08-20-2007, 11:06 PM
James Blake is a liar! :-D He told his mom he would go back to Harvard.