PDA

View Full Version : Tryouts..

BoldAxis
08-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Hey guys, today was the first day of tryouts for me and I'm entering as a freshmen this year. Anyways, it seems that I wasn't playing all that great today during tryouts, especially on volleys cause I'm horrible at them. Do you guys think coaches really look at your first day of tryouts? I mean I know they do but do they look at it critically? It was only the first day and I guess I have at least 4 more days to show what I can do. So what do you guys think?

Purostaff
08-20-2007, 07:07 PM
I don't think you should worry about it too much, just play naturally and do the best you can! Good luck m8 :)

Bodacious DVT
08-20-2007, 07:09 PM
play your heart out. a coach will often look at the kid that wants it the most.

koopa_troopa
08-20-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm sure you will be fine. Just work hard the next few days and show a great attitude.

ChocolatePie
08-20-2007, 07:31 PM
I had tryouts last week and I am an incoming freshmen as well. We had 5 hours of tryouts, first 2 1/2 were conditioning and weight room to see if you're physically fit for tennis. The rest were challenge matches to see how well you could beat the other players trying out or already on the team.

This was for 5 days so...25 hours. The first day I won both doubles matches. Then I got injured and lost like 3 matches, but won the other 7.

Basically you just have to give it your all. Be sure not to be a poor sport when you miss a point or lose a match. Just play your best and good luck.

I ended up making varsity however.

Medved
08-20-2007, 07:31 PM
What's it matter? Don't they decide who plays based on seed matches?

king of swing
08-20-2007, 07:33 PM
you just have to relax... thats the best thing...your game will go up and the coaches will be impressed....

soggyramen
08-20-2007, 07:40 PM
if you're determind then you're golden

BoldAxis
08-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Alright.Thanks for the encouragement guys. Wish me luck!

es-0
08-20-2007, 09:08 PM
I guess I'm pretty lucky, we never have enough people trying out for me to worry about it. I'm going into my junior year now and shooting for a spot on the singles line-up.

We also never do much conditioning, last year our coach kinda decided to do conditioning... once.... in the last two or three weeks. But he worked us real hard that day.

koopa_troopa
08-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Good luck! And let us know how it goes.