PDA

View Full Version : HELP! string tensions- which choice

cheny89
08-20-2007, 10:44 PM
I use a Babolat pure drive Roddick +

I using signum pro polly plasma at 60lbs (similar to luxilon)

i dont have any control with new fesh slazenger balls they feel hard and sometimes feels like like they are bouncing off a trampoline

and if the shot isnt in the middle of string bed it feels like the racquet is gonna break (but not really break more like its not hitting the strings) but when i hit the sweet spot i have no control it goes out by alot. i have to put alot of topspin on it but i lose power and pace im fairly short player

should i try lower tension as recommended by users? but by doing that wouldnt it be even more harder to control because the pure drive roddick is a very powerful stiff stick

i notice andy roddick has his tension very tight to get control

fed uses a control racquet with very low tension for power

roddick uses very powerful stick with very high tension for some control

could it be that the strings i use are wrong and shouldnt be use on my racquet.

maybe go for pro hurricane and have a 60 and above tension??
or got for a 55-58 tension using signum pro polly plasma?

ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE IM NOT PLAYING TO MY POTENTIAL

Thanks GUys

Go Andy!

JeFF

sruckauf
08-21-2007, 07:13 AM
Are you using a full setup of SPPP or a hybrid?

vinnier6
08-21-2007, 12:16 PM
i am using sppp at 56lbs on a constant pull stringer...if your using 60lbs with a constant pull then yes, i would say your stringing too high...pro hurricane isnt going to change your issue...

cheny89
08-21-2007, 09:41 PM
using FULL set of SIGNUM PRO POLY PLASMA

if i string it lower will i have problems with control then? cos of the stick im using

what do you mean by constant pull stringer?

I see your using a flexpoint radical tour when i first tried that racuqte i loved it but i had already bought this pure drive roddick plus

should i convert have you used the pure drive roddick/and plus?