PDA

View Full Version : todays matches on espn

polakosaur
03-17-2004, 09:39 AM
what are the matches today for 3, 5, and 10 pm eastern time

smoothasmecir
03-17-2004, 10:00 AM
Who cares, if its not Roddick or Agassi, they will most likely show a replay of yesterdays match.

After Fed destroyed Fish yesterday, how could they possibly go to wasting airtime talking with Shriver, then instead of showing the Myskina/Sharapova match...re-air the Agassi Hrbarty match from the other nite. I wish TTC had more coverage of Indian Wells instead of ESPN.

Kevin Patrick
03-17-2004, 10:13 AM
3: Davenport practice session on Espn
5: Dent-Blake Espn2
10: Roddick-Escude Espn2

If you have ESPN Spanish you can watch Calleri-Labadze right now.

polakosaur
03-17-2004, 10:23 AM
thanks why would they show a practice session, the other matches look good though, and yeah why did they show agassi beating hrbaty and on the bottom they had a program alert that fed beat fish

Kevin Patrick
03-17-2004, 10:36 AM
Sorry, I was kidding. Davenport plays a qualifier. The equivalent of a practice session for her.

@wright
03-17-2004, 11:00 AM
I'd rather see two mediocre players battle it out than this crap. The Escude/Roddick match should be interesting though...

dander
03-17-2004, 11:21 AM
thank god espn replayed the agassi hrbaty slaughter from primetime the night before instead of the end of nadal's loss, i'd hate to see somebody new and exciting who fights like hell on every damned point, coming up so fast through teh ranks and literally enthralling crowds actually playing a close match

we're not far from the day of espn rebroadcasting roddick wiping his nose over, say, a nalbandian/nadal match. i'm starting up a collection to buy out teh remainder of espn's tennis broadcasting rights, who can match my initial dollar-fifty contribution??

The Franchise
03-17-2004, 03:14 PM
What's that sound I hear? Oh yes, it's the distinctive sound of little girls crying.

sseemiller
03-17-2004, 09:40 PM
To tell you the truth, most of the "marquee" matches have been pretty uninteresting. At least Dent/Blake went 3 sets, although Dent must have had a plane to catch, as he was in a rush in the third.

Lots of disappointing tennis. There is no depth in the women's draw, and the men's draw is starting to show a lack of depth as well. But at least we're getting to where the top guys will start playing each other, and that should get interesting. Here's what my co-reporter at Bob Larson said about yesterday's Men's Match of the Day (which was Coria def. Grosjean):

"It's getting harder and harder to find something to actually talk about at this tournament. If you live in the U. S., you've probably been Andre Agassi'd to death (and if you haven't, the author has). We've covered Tommy Haas repeatedly. We're saving Roger Federer -- either to talk about when he loses or to calculate what happens when he wins. And there were no big doubles results.

Which leaves this. Surely the fastest-scrambling match of the entire tournament, since it features probably two of the three fastest guys on the ATP, and the other Ultimate Speedster, Arnaud Clement, didn't face either one. We hate to think how many miles these guys put on their legs in this long a contest. . . ."

I think he's right. Although Grosjean had enough legs left, with the help of Clement, to take the Bryans out.

Susan