PDA

View Full Version : Klip Kicker, is it good?

ccelis
08-21-2007, 09:25 AM
How does this compare to OG SH Micro? ore or less power and spin?

Thanks

Craig Sheppard
08-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Feels very similar to Prince Synthetic Gut Original. IMO, they both have a little better feel than OG Sheep, power isn't much different.

PBODY99
08-21-2007, 10:57 AM
How does this compare to OG SH Micro? ore or less power and spin?

Thanks
When it comes to spin, it is mainly a function of your technique. Since the power and feel seem to me to be close to PSGO, I think you will find the spin you get about the same. It was for me.

diredesire
08-21-2007, 11:06 AM
IMO, i like PSGO, OGSM, KK and OGSMG in that order. I find that the non-generic OGSM plays wildly differently than the generic OGSM. The OGSM (regular) is a very zippy, comfortable string. It has a nice feel, but doesn't have quite as much spin as PSGO. The PSGO is more of a basic/straightforward feeling string. I find it doesn't have too high of a power level, has good access to spin, but isn't extremely durable. The KK is decent, i find it to be a little more zippy than PSGO, stretches slightly more, and doesn't have quite the spin potential. The OGSMG, while an incredible deal for the price, trails in the power/comfort/feel categories, but has good access to spin, but has a little more of a dead feel, IMO. For the money, the generic is excellent. I stock the generic over other synthetic gut strings, if that tells you anything.

jonolau
08-22-2007, 03:16 AM
I'd agree very much with diredesire. I have a reel of Klip Kicker which is extremely springy after a couple of hours of play. Not to say it's a bad string, but it's nice for those who like a trampoliny effect.