PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Orlando up for a hit?

hyrulemaster
08-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Does anyone here in the Orlando area want to hit? I'm a high school guy (played varsity #2 singles) and am a strong 3.5 (maybe even 4.0). Even if I can't hit like a 4.5 I can definitely return shots with lots of pace of them. I like playing so much but can't really find any consistent partners - all these people just keep flaking out. So here's my response. I can promise you a good time even if the tennis isn't good (what's the chance of that? ;]).

Anyone interested let me know, I live near Waterford Lakes on Alafaya Trail.

No pushing, no moonballing, just pure baseline and SV baby :D.

And I use a 1hbh if that makes it any better.

counterpunch _god
08-21-2007, 12:46 PM
I saw your post about tournaments.
It's kind of complicated, so i'll trry to explain the best that i can.

First, you have to join the Usta, which is around 20 dollars.

Then, go to http://tennislink.usta.com/tournaments/schedule/search.aspx to sign up for one in your area. Since you live in Orlando area, the rankings are based on a points system.
You usually go to tournaments with 2 racquets, water sunscreen, etc. You have to check the tournament draws around 3 days be4 the tournament, then show at those times and play.

hyrulemaster
08-21-2007, 01:24 PM
Oh thanks it's nice of you to remember my username, or however it worked :) . You don't have to be a member of the USTA to join all the tournaments do you? I was a member previously and I think there were a few where you could join without the use of an account, but if you have USTA membership you get preference.

Would you be interested in playing counterpunch_god?

bad_call
08-21-2007, 07:43 PM
hrm - since u are near ucf, maybe check out the team or college players there. i used to play some of the team players in my younger days. btw - u can learn a bit watching them practice.

hyrulemaster
08-26-2007, 08:40 AM
just a bump