PDA

View Full Version : deformation -__-

motokoblah
08-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Today, while i was stringing my dnx 10 MP, on the 6th or 7th main, I noticed the racquet looked a little deformed. I measured my other dnx 10 and it came out to be about 23 cm, then measured the deformed racquet on the stringer and it came out to be about 24 cm.. O_O I checked the mounting and they were as tight as can be. I immediately took off the clamps and strings and the frame formed back to the normal 23 cm. Is this normal? or will the frame
warp back to normal when i finish the stringjob? I'm stringing on a klippermate with plenty of experience to know what I'm doing. I was stringing it at 61 lb.
heeelpp me plzz i love my racquets :[

motokoblah
08-21-2007, 12:07 PM
oh, and the measurements are width wise

abenguyen
08-21-2007, 12:20 PM
whoa whoa whoa. don't ever take the frame off the mount when not finished. make sure you string it and knot it before taking it off. plus when you string the crosses, it should even it back out. the term is usually called warping due to tension and because it is a klippermate(i have one too) with only a 2 point mount, it can do that sometimes

Pr0DiGy
08-21-2007, 03:45 PM
This should be okay. As you have only strung the mains, all the tension is compressing the hoop together. This is why it's so bad to string the mains and take a break. String the crosses, and the tension should even out across the racket, and after you knot and unmount the finished racket it should be fine.

motokoblah
08-22-2007, 07:23 PM
just finished stringing the racquet and everything is fine now
THANKS GUYS ^_^

Steve Huff
08-22-2007, 08:04 PM
A cm difference is quite a bit. What this means is that the mounting arms are flexing inward, allowing the head of the racket to get shorter and wider. While not uncommon on cheap machines, it isn't good. Someone used to make a large "U-bolt" frame brace, but I doubt you'll see them any more.

dancraig
08-22-2007, 08:27 PM
The Klippermate mounting posts can lean in after you start pulling tension on the mains. This will allow the frame to shorten and get wider. The fix is to tap the top of the posts inward with a light hammer right before tightening down the wing nuts. This will take the lean out of the equation.

dancraig
08-22-2007, 08:33 PM
You can see this lean by slightly tightening down the posts and then grab them and rock them back and forth. There is a little play there. If you tighten down the wing nuts with the posts straight up or rocked back, they will lean forward under the pressure of tensioning the mains.