PDA

View Full Version : Tourna grip?

Bundey
08-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Ok, I have made the switch from Wilson Pro to Tourna and love it, it absorbs sweat way better, just one problem though, it is short! I have a babolat with a 3/8 grip and I stretch the grip out so far and barely overlap and it is still to short. WTF??? What can I do to make it work? I dont get it, why would they put a grip out on the market that is that short...

TheShaun
08-21-2007, 08:13 PM
i think the xl version is slightly longer and wider. but i've never had a problem with the length of the regular one.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACUNIQUE-TGL.html

Ripper
08-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Tourna Grip really sucked for me. I don't get it, why do people keep buying it?

Bundey
08-21-2007, 08:25 PM
i think the xl version is slightly longer and wider. but i've never had a problem with the length of the regular one.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACUNIQUE-TGL.html

The problem is that I have a 30 pack of the regular sized stuff now! By the way, how big is your grip?

You don't sweat do you? Well, if you did you would know. :grin:

10nisDude~
08-21-2007, 08:36 PM
i loved it...but i just cudnt play with it anymore cuz it made my hand blister i had to put tape on my finger like i was nadal or something...i switch between wilson pro and vs grip w/e im in the mood for

TheShaun
08-21-2007, 08:38 PM
The problem is that I have a 30 pack of the regular sized stuff now! By the way, how big is your grip?

it's a 3/8. i pull it really tight and don't overlap much. i wind up with more than enough at the top.

flatpick
08-22-2007, 09:04 AM
The XL version of Tournagrip is actually shorter in length than the regular length Tournagrip - but it is wider. I have no problem covering the handle of my racquet with it all the way to the throat of the racquet.

whatsgood4u
08-22-2007, 09:07 AM
never had a problem with it due to the fact that I use the ps 85 with the short handle. wilson pro is also a great grip. I use that in the fall/winter when I dont sweat as much

origmarm
08-22-2007, 09:08 AM
You need to pull it as you wrap it to stretch it and not overlap it much and it works just fine. I find if I don't do this it frays much quicker anyhow

tbini87
08-22-2007, 01:23 PM
i also always came up short with reg. tourna also. the XL isn't drastically longer either, but it helps. i use a 2hbh so i like the grip to go to the top! supergrab by yonex is more than long enough... but i know that you want to stick with tourna.

ProStaff Legend
08-22-2007, 02:20 PM
tournagrip is fine for the first hour but after that, i would hav to replace it cuz there wont be enough tack left. then agian, my hands dont sweat @ all so i need a very tacky grip like grap or pro

shutupova
08-22-2007, 02:57 PM
ya tournagrip is just terrible in terms of durability.
just one day of playing at maximum.

however, if you sweat alot, wilson pro becomes worthless almost instantly.

Bundey
08-22-2007, 07:12 PM
ya tournagrip is just terrible in terms of durability.
just one day of playing at maximum.

however, if you sweat alot, wilson pro becomes worthless almost instantly.

Yeah, that is my problem after about 30 min of playing it is time for me to change a shirt, so I need tourna!

Ripper
08-22-2007, 08:27 PM
You don't sweat do you? Well, if you did you would know. :grin:

I sweat like crazy. Still, TG sucked big time, the two times I tried it (yes, I, even, gave it a 2nd chance). You see, I can think of so many highly aborbant overgrips that are a much better alternative.

Adrupert
08-22-2007, 09:29 PM

It is all because of the hype.

Bundey
08-23-2007, 07:05 PM
It is all because of the hype.

Um, no it is all because it is the only thing that prevents me from swinging and flinging my racquet across the fence.

bluetrain4
08-23-2007, 07:43 PM
We literally have a Tourna grip thread nearly every day.

Points to remember (because they are in every thread)

1. Tourna absorbs sweat very well and you still have a good grip even when wet.

2. It's durability is horrible

3. Tourna grip (even the XL version) is too short. Many people will say this. Others will say that it is plenty long and can't understand why the others can't get it to fit.

4. The end is tapered and has no adhesive to "start" the gripping process. Again, some will complain endlessly, while others will wonder why the first group is mentally-challenged and can't get their grip started.

5. "I prefer Wilson Pro better, I hate Tourna," or "I like Yonex Supergrab, I hae Tourna". These statements will appear repeatedly.

6. It's not tacky enough

7. It's rough to the touch. Some like this, some don't.

And the debate rages on and on. Tourna and it's competitors continue to sell.

bluetrain4
08-23-2007, 07:48 PM
When will Prince come out with new bags?

Other brands have new bags introduced when new rackets are introduced. But, there is no "O" line of bags, or "Speedport" line of bags.

Their available bags of TW are slim. I like carry-all type bags (essentially a huge duffle bag big enough for rackets), and don't want 6-packs, 12-packs, etc.

Problem is, Prince has no available carry-alls in the lines of bags available on TW.

Bundey
08-23-2007, 07:53 PM
We literally have a Tourna grip thread nearly every day.

Points to remember (because they are in every thread)

1. Tourna absorbs sweat very well and you still have a good grip even when wet.

2. It's durability is horrible

3. Tourna grip (even the XL version) is too short. Many people will say this. Others will say that it is plenty long and can't understand why the others can't get it to fit.

4. The end is tapered and has no adhesive to "start" the gripping process. Again, some will complain endlessly, while others will wonder why the first group is mentally-challenged and can't get their grip started.

5. "I prefer Wilson Pro better, I hate Tourna," or "I like Yonex Supergrab, I hae Tourna". These statements will appear repeatedly.

6. It's not tacky enough

7. It's rough to the touch. Some like this, some don't.

And the debate rages on and on. Tourna and it's competitors continue to sell.

No, it isn't.

bluetrain4
08-23-2007, 08:07 PM
When will Prince come out with new bags?

Other brands have new bags introduced when new rackets are introduced. But, there is no "O" line of bags, or "Speedport" line of bags.

Their available bags of TW are slim. I like carry-all type bags (essentially a huge duffle bag big enough for rackets), and don't want 6-packs, 12-packs, etc.

Problem is, Prince has no available carry-alls in the lines of bags available on TW.

This was supposed to be a separate thread. I really need to pay attention.

Sorry.

bluetrain4
08-23-2007, 08:08 PM
No, it isn't.

Yeah, I intended to say, the end is "not" tapered and has no adhesive.

tbini87
08-24-2007, 10:08 AM
people have their preferences, and people have different experiences with certain products. every one is entitled to their opinion, and there shouldn't be all these debates. oh and when a lot of big name pros use a product, i doubt that it is because of "all the hype".