PDA

View Full Version : Difference Between Signum Pro Poly Plasma and Poly Plasma Pure???

cheny89
08-21-2007, 09:49 PM
CAN anyone tell me
Difference Between Signum Pro Poly Plasma and Poly Plasma Pure???

Bogie
08-21-2007, 10:30 PM
metallic orange vs. silverish color. my friend just did a mix of the two on his mfil 300 with the poly plasma in the mains and pure in the crosses, looks absolutely sick. no difference other than color scheme.

carac
08-22-2007, 03:32 AM
CAN anyone tell me

I am now a Pure 1.18 convert but I have not played with the original Plasma 1.18 so I can't say anything certain - however I remember seeing somewhere ( probably on stringforum.net ) a few comments about the two being slightly different !!!

shojun25
08-22-2007, 05:36 AM
when i've played with them, they both seemed very similar, in fact, more like the same strings.

bwain
08-22-2007, 06:58 AM
The only silver Poly Pures I see are in reels. Do they make single sets in silver?

Fedace
08-22-2007, 07:00 AM
CAN anyone tell me

Do you think the difference in color really makes any diff in playability ?:confused: i converted to blue gear though, it is supposed to be much better than signum.

haerdalis
08-22-2007, 07:03 AM
The pure is softer and more powerful. I dont really understand how people can fail to notice this.

Ripper
08-22-2007, 08:37 AM
The pure is softer and more powerful. I dont really understand how people can fail to notice this.

It is said that pigments can take away from the playability of a string. Don't know if it's true. However, LaserFibre has a line of colored syn guts and, in their advertisement, they say that they use a pigment process (or something) that doesn't change the playability of the strings. So, maybe, it's not a myth.

haerdalis
08-22-2007, 09:17 AM
Well pigments or no pigments. I believe Signum intended for the strings to be different and they feel quite different.

nickb
08-22-2007, 09:36 AM
metallic orange vs. silverish color. my friend just did a mix of the two on his mfil 300 with the poly plasma in the mains and pure in the crosses, looks absolutely sick. no difference other than color scheme.

They are not the same string...the pure is softer like it says...its not hard to notice.

Nick

Automatix
08-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Poly Plasma and Plasma Pure are two different strings, the Pure is softer and more dynamic, the same gauge of the Plasma Pure compared to Poly Plasma on my M-Fils give me much more power... I repeat they're not the same!

cheny89
08-22-2007, 04:01 PM
ok ok but would the pure have the same nenefits as the poly plasma as in the award winning nill tension loss and great durability etc.

in other words its a poly plasma but more powerful???

or more powerful and not so good with tension and durability?

cheny89
08-22-2007, 06:51 PM
please anyone?

Ripper
08-22-2007, 07:13 PM
please anyone?

I haven't tried the pure, but my guess would be that it's the same, but a little bit better in everything, just because it's "pure"...

cheny89
08-25-2007, 09:49 PM
ok thanks you :) i might try the pure next

gjoc
08-26-2007, 02:34 AM
CAN anyone tell me

Well, FWIW, here is the product description:

Signum Pro Poly Plasma Pure--This is the exact same string as the original Signum Pro Poly Plasma with the only difference being the color!

Poly Plasma from Signum Pro has almost no tension loss, excellent ball control, and is spin friendly. This is a great choice for the player seeking power, without sacrificing any durability. This string has excellent playing comfort and playability. Poly Plasma unlike other polyester strings is soft and maintains tension very well. We highly recommend this gauge if you are seeking a durable poly with a lot of comfort, spin, and amazing control.

Old_Crow
08-26-2007, 09:35 AM
The difference for me was that the Pure wasn't that awful orange color... It's likely marketing as they faced so many "great string, awful color" comments.

I've used SPPP and Pure in both 1.18 & 1.23 (gone through two reels of the SPPP 1.23, one reel of the 1.18 and am about halfway through reels of the Pure). I haven't noticed any difference in playability nor has anyone I strung for. They both feel the same on the Star5 as well.

However, to contradict myself...

I have never had the Pure shear and break on my while stringing. It's happened enough with SPPP as to be very irritating and I'm more careful with that damn string than with gut. Also, none of my customers has had Pure shear and break during play, even a hard swinging frequent shanker like me. My wife has sheared #2 & 3 mains on fresh string jobs at the same time on two different occasions(once top, once bottom) which were clean hits, not shanks. She's a good player and hits hard but not hard enough to break brand new poly.

My thought was that it was the same string but they cleaned up the QC at the same time they pulled the orange. The Pure is my favorite poly.

dewey4262
08-26-2007, 11:17 AM
The Pure broke on me during stringing just the other day. The orange SPPP had also broken on me in the past though.

SFrazeur
08-26-2007, 02:51 PM
I have had both the orange, and pure snap on me while stringing.

-SF

gjoc
08-26-2007, 03:55 PM
What does anybody attribute the snapping to--anything you did wrong, or could have done differently, or just totally random?

Old_Crow
08-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Pretty random for me which makes it all the more irritating. It's only been the mains popping for me though. No probs with crosses, hybrid or full sets.

gjoc
08-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Pretty random for me which makes it all the more irritating. It's only been the mains popping for me though. No probs with crosses, hybrid or full sets.

Wow, that is annoying...

All I can think is that it must be your machine--wanna trade, lol?!?

Here’s your chance to rid yourself of that annoying Star 5 and step up to the awesome power of a Gamma dropweight machine, lol!

Voltron
08-26-2007, 08:54 PM
I have had problems on a dropweight with SPPP, but I haven't had any trouble on my crank, maybe that's the problem people are having. However, I think it's more likely that the problems on the dropweight were user error. ;)

gjoc
08-27-2007, 12:36 AM
I have had problems on a dropweight with SPPP, but I haven't had any trouble on my crank, maybe that's the problem people are having. However, I think it's more likely that the problems on the dropweight were user error. ;)

What did you do that was wrong?