PDA

View Full Version : Shoes

Leon22
08-22-2007, 12:08 AM
Well, I practice my serves while at work (I know, dream jo, but only for this summer). When I'm at work I'm wearing my shallow soled skate shoes and I was hitting my serve pretty good. When I go to a court and play a match I wear my Nike cross-trainers whoch have a different sole. Well, it took me two outings to getused to serving in my Nikes, everything felt different when I wasn't wearing my skate shoes.

Does this make sense? Can changing shoes actually effect your serve? Don't get me wrong I won't be wearing my skate shoes to play any time soon, I was just really surprised at how much of an effect this seemed to have on my serve.

Hot Sauce
08-22-2007, 12:17 AM
I wouldn't think so, it may just be all in your head. I could serve bare feet and it wouldn't make a difference. Everyone's different though, that's just me.

tudwell
08-22-2007, 08:24 AM
I too wear skate shoes and tennis shoes, and there's definitely a difference between the two, although I haven't really noticed anything different in my serve. I have some Reeboks, though, that either have terrible ankle support (although ostensibly it's about the same as my skate shoes) or I'm not used to the different sole, because I keep (slightly) rolling my ankle when playing. The heel is higher in my Reeboks, so it almost forces me to stand on my toes, which is good, but I think I might be too used to the foot weight distribution of skating. Perhaps this is contributing to my ankle problems? Or do my shoes just suck?