PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for a good playability string?

Sinner
08-22-2007, 05:43 AM
Hi, I'm looking for a string with a focus on playability. As I am not a frequent string-breaker (probably because I tend to hit the ball really flat), I'm willing sacrifice on durability. I currently use a POG OS (4-stripe) strung with Gamma Livewire 17L @ 60lbs and spend most of my time at the baseline. I've been a Gamma user for a long time (TNT prior to Livewire) and I've been happy with it, but at the same time I'm also looking at broadening my horizons in terms of strings. Thanks.

kirbster123
08-22-2007, 06:03 AM
Wilson NXT/NXT Tour

goosala
08-22-2007, 06:48 AM
Prince Sweet Perfection 16 or 17. It plays very soft and springy.

sruckauf
08-22-2007, 07:35 AM
I've been playing with the POG OS, switched from the Mid recently.

These are the setups that I have liked for playability so far:
- PSGM mains, Gosen OG Micro crosses.
- Prince Premiere w/Softflex mains, Gosen OG Micro crosses.
- Tecnifibre Multifeel mains, Gosen OG Micro crosses.

As you can see, I typically opt for softer setups. Not that I have any arm trouble, but I tend to like the feel.

I'm about to dive off the deep end today and string up some Topspin Poly Polar mains and some soft multi cross. I'm fairly sure I'm not going to like this feel in a frame that delivers so much vibration already.. but hey live on the edge right? Ha. I'm playing with this tomorrow morning - I'll report back how it is since you're interested in playability oriented setups.

Sinner
08-22-2007, 07:38 AM
thanks guys for the input thus far... appreciate it!

bagung
08-22-2007, 02:44 PM
if you are looking for playability , nothing beat the natural gut....

gjoc
08-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Hi, I'm looking for a string with a focus on playability. As I am not a frequent string-breaker (probably because I tend to hit the ball really flat), I'm willing sacrifice on durability. I currently use a POG OS (4-stripe) strung with Gamma Livewire 17L @ 60lbs and spend most of my time at the baseline. I've been a Gamma user for a long time (TNT prior to Livewire) and I've been happy with it, but at the same time I'm also looking at broadening my horizons in terms of strings. Thanks.

I also used the TNT back before they came out with the Live Wire product line.

If youíre using the basic Live Wire thatís only one dollar more than the TNT, you should try the Professional, if you havenít already.

I wasnít too crazy about the basic one, and hated the ESP. The XP is very good, but the Professional blows everything else away, imo.

The Professional is frequently (including right now) on sale for $16 (buy 4, get 1 free), which makes the cost pretty reasonable, actually.

murry
08-22-2007, 06:18 PM
K Gut 16/17 depending on your preference. Or there is also K Gut Pro which feels slightly firmer.

Valjean
08-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Tecnifibre's Multifeel actually might be the best next string for you, accustomed as you are.

NLBwell
08-22-2007, 09:18 PM
I used to use Livewire and Livewire XP, but decided I like NXT and especially NXT Max a bit better. I now use NXT Max in one of my rackets and poly/Alpha Gut hybrids in my other two.

Sinner
08-23-2007, 03:35 AM
thanks again... I'll definately have to read-up more about those strings...

I've given natural gut a thought, but since its really hot and humid here in my neck of the woods, its might not be the best environment for gut...