PDA

View Full Version : Amer Delic

Kobble
03-17-2004, 10:58 AM
Has anyone seen this kid in action. He has one of the nicest serves I have seen in a long time, especially his second. He is a real down to earth person as well, and very pleasent to watch. People should support him, even more so than Roddick.

Lefty Spin
03-17-2004, 12:04 PM
I agree. Amer seems to be a really nice kid. I have had the opportunity to speak with him a few times and he is a good kid. It is also good to see someone with a serve and volley/all-court game coming through the ranks. I last talked to him this summer but I heard he made the finals of the Challenger event in Dallas beating Kendrick along the way. One of my Illini buddies told me he is playing doubles this week with Todd Martin in Boca. He also is in the singles of the event.

Another great kid is Rajeev Ram. I mention him because he is also a former Illini. He is probably the nicest kid I have ever met at these pro and college tournaments. Watch out for him, he won a futures event a couple of weeks ago and is doing good things for a 19 year old. If you see him play you will notice that he really plays exactly like Pete Sampras.

tennis*bill
03-17-2004, 01:04 PM
I've seen him play in the NCAA's and at River Oaks in Houston. Good player, methodical in his form and very tall. I hope he succeeds on tour.