PDA

View Full Version : Roddick to drop even more ranking points

anointedone
08-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Poor Roddick ended up in Federers quarters. It looks like he is going to be dropping atleast another 450 points from his current ranking pionts.

dima
08-22-2007, 09:49 AM
Great, I want to see him drop out of the top 10 asap.

anointedone
08-22-2007, 09:54 AM
There is a good chance he is #5 after the U.S Open if he makes it to the quarters. However a bunch of guys would be closer to him, and he does not tend to excel indoors.

krz
08-22-2007, 12:26 PM
what a crappy draw for Roddick...

DashaandSafin
08-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Oh well its his own fault for being ranked so low. How much would it suck if Roddick magically beat Federer and lost in the next round?

shutupova
08-22-2007, 01:00 PM
bye bye roddick.
welcome, fresh young guns.

Moose Malloy
08-22-2007, 01:24 PM
how often has #1 played #5 in the quarters? I know its random, but I can't recall it happening in too many slams.

Forehand Forever
08-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Dima, I know it isn't very likely but if Roddick win's somehow, I'm going to laugh in your face :)

CanadianChic
08-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Forget about the players' ranking points - my Fantasy Tennis League is in the toilet thanks to these fools!! ;)

West Coast Ace
08-22-2007, 05:44 PM
how often has #1 played #5 in the quarters? I know its random, but I can't recall it happening in too many slams.By the laws of statistics it's just as like as any combo of seed 1 through 4 playing a seed 5 through 8...

And you're sure Roddick will make it to the 2nd week? That, by itself, might be a good Slam for him these days...

hyrulemaster
08-22-2007, 05:47 PM
By the laws of statistics it's just as like as any combo of seed 1 through 4 playing a seed 5 through 8...

And you're sure Roddick will make it to the 2nd week? That, by itself, might be a good Slam for him these days...

dude he makes the second week and quarters, semis, and finals consistently on all non French Open Grand Slams. almost consistently at least.

jeez you troll.

no offense dude, im sorry, but that really ****es me off.

West Coast Ace
08-22-2007, 06:01 PM
dude he makes the second week and quarters, semis, and finals consistently on all non French Open Grand Slams. almost consistently at least.

jeez you troll.

no offense dude, im sorry, but that really ****es me off.Calm down, kid.

Don't care about past history. His game isn't going anywhere and the young guys (and some older guys like Gonzo, Hewitt, and JC Ferrero) are on the rise.

Sorry, the truth hurts.

cheny89
08-22-2007, 06:09 PM
IM A HUGE ANDY RODDICK FAN for many years AND AFTER THAT LOSS in CINCY IM STARTING TO DOUT him again

I FEEL HE HASNT GOT WHAT IT TAKES ANYMORE

STILL A FAN but i think he is gone

he was on a roll last year in us open series but after that it seems to be going down hill again even with connors there....

:(

i think it sorta started to wear off after he was demolished by FED at this years Aussie open :( he only just managed to win queens and he only just managed to beat karlovic in legg mason

cheny89
08-22-2007, 06:19 PM
HE has still heaps to improve and work on these young guns are gooood

FED, NADAL, AND DJOKOVIC ARE IN HIS WAY, the LIST IS GONNA GROW EVEN BIGGER

Nextman916
08-22-2007, 07:04 PM
To be honest besides Fed, i think roddick played a better match against Djokovic than any other player did in Montreal, including Nadal.

Noveson
08-22-2007, 07:11 PM
HE has still heaps to improve and work on these young guns are gooood

FED, NADAL, AND DJOKOVIC ARE IN HIS WAY, the LIST IS GONNA GROW EVEN BIGGER

IM A HUGE ANDY RODDICK FAN for many years AND AFTER THAT LOSS in CINCY IM STARTING TO DOUT him again

I FEEL HE HASNT GOT WHAT IT TAKES ANYMORE

STILL A FAN but i think he is gone

he was on a roll last year in us open series but after that it seems to be going down hill again even with connors there....

:(

i think it sorta started to wear off after he was demolished by FED at this years Aussie open :( he only just managed to win queens and he only just managed to beat karlovic in legg mason

Okay first of all do away with the all caps. Secondly posts like this just meant to get you so you can have an avatar are just sad.

quest01
08-22-2007, 07:24 PM
At least i know ahead of time that Roddick wont make it past the quarters. Thats a tough draw for him.

phoony
08-22-2007, 09:02 PM
As he said before he got times to improve. So what a good challenge for him. I wish to see him being dump out from the Top 10.

tennispro11
08-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Great, I want to see him drop out of the top 10 asap.

That won't happen anytime soon I don't think. Keep hating away though.

cheny89
08-23-2007, 06:46 AM
Okay first of all do away with the all caps. Secondly posts like this just meant to get you so you can have an avatar are just sad.

stop trying to be a moderator lol

tangerine
08-23-2007, 07:17 AM
Of course Roddick is still a threat. If he really weren't a threat his obsessed haterfans wouldn't spend so much time trying to convince themselves that he's "done". :lol: You don't see anybody starting any threads about Davydenko and Ljubicic's careers being "done" do you? Of course not. That's because even the haters realize that neither Ljuby or Davy had much to brag about career-wise in the first place. ;)

Coaching
08-23-2007, 07:19 AM
It's time to fire Jimmy and find someone who can improve his backhand. His forehand is just marginalized by the top 20 players, the only thing left is his serve, other than that he has no weapons at all and belongs to 40-50 ranking.

cheny89
08-25-2007, 09:46 PM
he needs to hid his forehands alot deeper and more pace on the ball he puts way too much topspin and they keep landing half court, and another stupid thing is that he comes to the net on those shots and gets passed everytime ... i laugh at times

superman1
08-26-2007, 12:18 AM
If he does play Federer, he still does have a minuscule chance of winning. Fed hasn't been super sharp lately, and unlike most on this board, I haven't forgotten about the Roddick/Federer match in Shanghai 2006. Then again, Roddick hasn't been very sharp either. His only chance of beating Fed would be to get all his first serves in and follow them to net and somehow produce magic up there. So that's like a 0.2% chance.

TenZero
08-26-2007, 01:56 AM
Why do so many people hate Roddick? What the hell did he do to you? And why does everyone say without his serve he sucks? Sorry but you don't get to #1 or stay consistently in the Top 5 with just a serve.

Cfidave
08-26-2007, 03:52 AM
Why do so many people hate Roddick? What the hell did he do to you? And why does everyone say without his serve he sucks? Sorry but you don't get to #1 or stay consistently in the Top 5 with just a serve.

You are right. His serve is top 5, the rest of his game is top 20. The serve is obviously the most important stroke in tennis.

gerikoh
08-26-2007, 04:46 AM
roddick has a good forehand too. somehow, his backhand has improved as well as his footwork..

but it always ****es me off everytime he goes to the net knowing that he'll get passed and doesn't even bother to chase it..

and with that there's just no way he would beat federer and some of the top-ranked guys..

he's gotta stop from being sloppy!!

sharp*shooter
08-26-2007, 04:52 AM
He should use an eastern forehand grip and just rip it, I swear his forehand has slowed down a lot.