PDA

View Full Version : KLIP Venom

bwain
08-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Anyone have any thoughts on KLIP Vemon?

goblake14
08-22-2007, 10:38 AM
I like it. Basically, to me, they feel like most other expensive multifilament strings.

Valjean
08-22-2007, 11:55 AM
Here is the USRSA's playtest, which is very subpar, for Venom: http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/articles/2006/04/klip_venom_17.html. I tend to go along with it.

Richie Rich
08-22-2007, 12:03 PM
although other users feedback and reviews are good to read, nothing compares to actually trying string for yourself. i tend to agree with most of the usrsa reviews but sometimes i have loved a string they didn't like or not liked one they loved.

order a set of venom with your next order and see if you like it. although this does get costly if you experiment with too many strings :mrgreen:

bagung
08-22-2007, 01:15 PM
i like the venom.... soft , arm-friendly, powerful....
durability is good

Craig Sheppard
08-22-2007, 06:38 PM
I'll have to say the Venom I've tried has been pretty good. It's definitely not the best feeling multi, but the durability seems VERY good for a multi and the power level seems high. It's soft, but not mushy, durable, powerful, and seems to hold tension pretty well.... Winner in my book... however, $13 is a little steep. If this string was about $8-ish or maybe even $10, it'd be a great value.

I have an order of PSGM coming that I'll rate it against... if PSGM can come close for 1/2 the price, I"ll use it instead.

08-23-2007, 06:19 AM
I acquired a TF335 16x20 used that had, what appeared to be, a fairly fresh set of Venom 17. It lasted me about 14 hrs (all doubles) before it began to fray, held on for a couple more hours, then broke. IMO it was fairly powerful and was was soft, but solid feeling. But I prefer lower power strings like IsoSpeed. IMO nothing special, but is a good overall string. Looks nasty though.