PDA

View Full Version : Roger Federer is about to break a Steffi Graf record

Warriorroger
08-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Just realised that Roger Federer is about to break Steffi's record as number one for 186 consecutive weeks. Although he is my favorite next to Steffi I wished the record would stay intact. This is different from when Davenport collects a couple of dollars for the first position amongst the women's prize money leaders.

http://www.gea.de/fm/6/jpeg-1wya4231-20060104-img_10613828_onlineBild.jpghttp://img530.imageshack.us/img530/60/usopen050825nasdaqin021no9.jpg

Moose Malloy
08-22-2007, 01:20 PM
men's & women's records are different, no? do you consider federer to be chasing court's alltime record or sampras'?

still amazing that federer could pass a women's record, since historically it is easier to dominate the womens game than the mens.

Warriorroger
08-22-2007, 01:30 PM
men's & women's records are different, no? do you consider federer to be chasing court's alltime record or sampras'?

still amazing that federer could pass a women's record, since historically it is easier to dominate the womens game than the mens.

I am still grieving, maybe I can answer you later:sad:
http://www.sportslegendsphotosinc.com/prodimages/Tennis/SteffieGrafCLR.jpg

Warriorroger
08-23-2007, 12:18 AM
Thank you, I appreciate this moderators.

Warriorroger
09-08-2007, 02:18 PM
http://tennismagazine.com/uploadedImages/Backcourt/General/2007_05_08_Magazinecollage_article.jpg

Eviscerator
09-08-2007, 02:21 PM
I am still grieving, maybe I can answer you later:sad:

There is nothing to grieve over since no such record is being broken unless you count imaginary records in your mind.:p

daddy
09-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Also I dont see him winning 22 slams ..

Steve132
09-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Also I dont see him winning 22 slams ..

That would be difficult to match. Federer does, however, have a chance at another of Graf's most impressive records - reaching the finals of 13 straight majors. Today's win puts him at 10; he would need to reach the finals of the Australian Open, the French Open and Wimbledon next year to tie this record.

FedSampras
09-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Fed better watch his back.:)

This creepy WarriorGraFan always wants to compare Fed to Graff. but there is really no comparison between Fed and Graff. Fed is a greater and much better player than Graff ever was. Graff's OVERALL career accomplishments are a bit deceptive and should not be taken in high regard.

tennispro11
09-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Fed better watch his back.:)

This creepy WarriorGraFan always wants to compare Fed to Graff. but there is really no comparison between Fed and Graff. Fed is a greater and much better player than Graff ever was. Graff's OVERALL career accomplishments are a bit deceptive and should not be taken in high regard.

Yeah, he is creepy. Makes me want to go take a shower every time I read one of his posts. :-( You forgot to mention that Graf played women's tennis and that doesn't mean much compared to the men.

FedSampras
09-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Yeah, he is creepy. Makes me want to go take a shower every time I read one of his posts. :-( You forgot to mention that Graf played women's tennis and that doesn't mean much compared to the men.

Exactly. And there is only one delusional Grafan I can think of who was so obsessed with graff and the #1 ranking and that was gunter parche.

Warriorroger
09-09-2007, 12:06 AM
There is nothing to grieve over since no such record is being broken unless you count imaginary records in your mind.:p

That could be it :p

daddy
09-09-2007, 12:46 AM
That would be difficult to match. Federer does, however, have a chance at another of Graf's most impressive records - reaching the finals of 13 straight majors. Today's win puts him at 10; he would need to reach the finals of the Australian Open, the French Open and Wimbledon next year to tie this record.

He was really unlucky having a flue or whatever in 05 aussie, he would have beaten that along way ago, it would have been 16 by now I think or 18 ? Ill check but when he won wimby in03, rod won USO afterwords but I think he didnot beat fed in finals.

Warriorroger
09-09-2007, 01:19 AM
He was really unlucky having a flue or whatever in 05 aussie, he would have beaten that along way ago, it would have been 16 by now I think or 18 ? Ill check but when he won wimby in03, rod won USO afterwords but I think he didnot beat fed in finals.

Was that the year he lost to Safin?

tennispro11
09-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Exactly. And there is only one delusional Grafan I can think of who was so obsessed with graff and the #1 ranking and that was gunter parche.

Scary isn't it? :o He is quite weird.