PDA

View Full Version : Do you hybrid two non-poly strings?

bank5
08-22-2007, 01:34 PM
If so, what string do you use and how do you like it?

JavierLW
08-22-2007, 02:13 PM
If so, what string do you use and how do you like it?

Ive tryed Natural Gut (VS 17, 60# in the mains) with NXT 17 (58# in the crosses).

Didnt really notice a whole lot of diffrence from my usual full gut setup, but was just something I was trying at the time. NXT is expensive so it's not necessarily a cost savings so I would normally just go with all Tonic+

I am looking into mixing Tonic+ with Gosen OG Sheep though just to see if it's acceptable enough for the cost savings. (it saves me $10 per string job)

Otherwise Im not sure what the purpose is yet. Among Synthetic Gut, Multifiment and Gut, there are diffrences in stiffness from string to string, so within those types of strings you probally do have a lot of play.

The poly users may not notice the diffrence, but for us non-poly users it probally does make a big diffrence.

nickb
08-22-2007, 02:45 PM
When I use gut I have Tonic mains and syn gut crosses...cuts the cost and I like the stiffer stringbed.

volleyman
08-22-2007, 08:13 PM
I tend to hybrid gut or high-end multi mains with syn gut crosses. For me, this cuts the costs way down without degrading playability much.