PDA

View Full Version : Unique Serving Form!!!!???!?!????

mjcn121789
08-23-2007, 09:04 AM
when i serve (my first serve) i toss the ball above my head and a little bit in front of me....i arch my back and hit the ball like a topspin / kick serve but with more pace. Yesterday, i was watching Davedenko play and he also arched his back when he served...his form was similar to mine...but he would his balls flatter. how do i serve my balls flat without changing my form? i like my form because i get my serves in consistently but i want more pace on the ball.

Shashwat
08-23-2007, 09:44 AM
tweak your grip and try it. play around with it.

cj011
08-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Push your momentum out instead of up and forward towards the sky

bizzle
08-23-2007, 03:47 PM
tweak your grip and try it. play around with it.

dont do this, always use continental. try tossing the ball more out in front of you.

wihamilton
08-23-2007, 04:13 PM
try this drill:

goto the service line and try and serve straight into the ground in front of you, e.g. ~3 feet in front of where you are standing, and see how high you can get it to bounce. in other words, you are trying to spike the ball straight into the ground (you have to toss in front of your body and let the ball drop more than you normally would). it's best to do this indoors so the ball doesn't bounce over the back fence.

after you do that for awhile go back to the baseline and try and serve for real. chances are you will dump the first few serves in the bottom of the net (or bounce it to the net... my personal favorite :), but after a few serves hopefully you will get it in / hit it a little flatter / come through the ball more.

hope this works!

cj011
08-23-2007, 04:51 PM
another one. With your right arm, make an L with you bicep and forearm. Keep that L, toss the ball, push the L and contact the ball. Then extend towards your target

mjcn121789
08-23-2007, 07:57 PM
dont do this, always use continental. try tossing the ball more out in front of you.

i've tried using a continental grip but i have trouble pronating....that is why my first serve is sort of like a kick/topspin serve. im just trying to figure out how to hit the ball flatter. if u want to kno how my serving form is look at the first post...this is my thread. also, my serving grip is a mix between a continental and eastern forehand grip