PDA

View Full Version : Moonball serves

sapient007
08-23-2007, 10:54 AM
best way to put them away. they are much harder to hit than i thought. I tried to put them down the line, but b/c i'm really in no man's land and it's easy for the server to go cross court if the moonball serve was out wide. I've tried slicing but the server is actually sorta quick and can recover nicely. I can't really take full swips at it b/c i'm not at that level and the ball just goes flying. little help here.. got killed today on that

TheFonz
08-23-2007, 11:18 AM
For soft serves, many players try to put them away when they should instead get control of the point and build off of the return. I like to hit topspin angle shots off of this type of serve. It doesn't have to be hard just have a lot of spin.

If you don't feel comfortable doing this, hit a slow deep slice and attack the net. The slowness of your shot should give you time to get into a good position. It should also force your opponent to hit up on the ball giving you a good volley ball. I would hit your slow slice into the center of the court to cut down on the angles that the server has with his shot.

ChocolatePie
08-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Hit off the rise. No other way I can think of. Try slicing downwards off the rise. That may create a little small dropshot.