PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit: Extreme question

drak
08-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Hey amigo how's it going? Just starting to hit again after taking 6-7 mos off after 4.5 Nationals last Ocober and a knee surgery in June. As a bigtime TiMo fan (but elbow made me give it up) your post on Pacific extreme really caught my attention. I have some Q's for U.

1. Are you using a full job or a hybrid? If you have tried both which do you favor?

2. What's tension are you using?

3. How's the comfort vs TiMO, loved it but too tough on elbow and shoulder.

4. You said Ex had more power, do you still have that TiMo feeling where you can swing away and ball goes in and where you want it? I just loved that about TiMo.

Thx and hope you are well.

Drak

Valjean
08-23-2007, 05:29 PM
You could have just emailed him you know.

Rabbit
08-23-2007, 05:53 PM
1. Are you using a full job or a hybrid? If you have tried both which do you favor?

Full. I haven't tried a hybrid, but I'm thinking of stringing some gut mains and Xtreme crosses for kicks.

2. What's tension are you using?

Same old same old, 54.

3. How's the comfort vs TiMO, loved it but too tough on elbow and shoulder.

Xtreme plays really comfortable. So comfortable that it doesn't feel like a poly. I should add that a softer frame, like the C10, will really enhance this.

4. You said Ex had more power, do you still have that TiMo feeling where you can swing away and ball goes in and where you want it? I just loved that about TiMo.

Yep. That is the really sweet thing. Xtreme plays really well from all areas of the court, but when you take a full cut, the ball goes where you want it to. It also feels great and plays well at net.

Thx and hope you are well.

Doing pretty good. They're trying to work me to death, and it's been hotter than a menage a trois of rats in a wool sock, but other than that, pretty darn good.

Hope you and yours are beating the heat.

And, my e-mail address has probably changed since last you posed a question... ;)

drak
08-24-2007, 04:22 PM
LOL, glad to here and that was funny. Is there any break in period for the Xtreme like some other Poly's, or is it about the same from the get go?

DNShade
08-24-2007, 04:58 PM
I can second what Rabbit has said about Xtreme. As a long time player - former playing and teaching pro back in the day - I was a gut man always. But having been out of the game for a few years - had an actual life for a little while - I've come back big time but was a bit out of the loop info-wise.

I was curious about all of these new strings, poly's etc...so after lurking out here I saw Rabbit's posts and he seemed rational and like he actually knew what he was talking about (quite unusual out here I know). So I tried it and some others - and I really enjoy it. Xtreme really does seem to have the dwell time that gut has. Good power but not overpowering at all - and actually really nice feel and touch. I am very impressed. Have stung up a lot of my frames with it and am quite happy.

drak
08-24-2007, 07:21 PM
I can second what Rabbit has said about Xtreme. As a long time player - former playing and teaching pro back in the day - I was a gut man always. But having been out of the game for a few years - had an actual life for a little while - I've come back big time but was a bit out of the loop info-wise.

I was curious about all of these new strings, poly's etc...so after lurking out here I saw Rabbit's posts and he seemed rational and like he actually knew what he was talking about (quite unusual out here I know). So I tried it and some others - and I really enjoy it. Xtreme really does seem to have the dwell time that gut has. Good power but not overpowering at all - and actually really nice feel and touch. I am very impressed. Have stung up a lot of my frames with it and am quite happy.

Thx amigo, I ordered some and it will be here early next week. I assume you did the full string lob with Xtreme? What is your preferred tension? I have mostly used a gut mains hybrid the past few years as I loved TiMo but I started having elbow and shoulder probs. I'm using a failly flexy Pure Storm Team (old model) so I'm hoping the Xtreme works out. Thx for the feedback.

Rabbit
08-25-2007, 04:47 AM
LOL, glad to here and that was funny. Is there any break in period for the Xtreme like some other Poly's, or is it about the same from the get go?

Actually, Xtreme plays best right out of the gate. A fresh string job has great tenacity and feel. When it does notch badly, you can go ahead and cut it out.

I can second what Rabbit has said about Xtreme.

Glad to see someone else with the same Xperience ;)