PDA

View Full Version : Help stringing Head FXP Prestige MP

Quick_silver
08-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi all. Can u plz help me finding a string to my FXP Prestige MP?
I prefer a string that gives me confort and control because i hit hard. One handed back-hand.
My last LM fire pro had Allu Power at 24Kg wich i really like because was confortable and i had nice spin and control. As i have 2 FXP Prestige should i use same strings and tension in both or diferent?
i am a 4-4.5 nrtp player.

TY all.

fastdunn
08-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Compared to LM, FXP Prestige MP is a bit stiffer(mostly at the throat area)
and more powerful.

Quick_silver
08-23-2007, 05:24 PM
My last was a LM but not a prestige. Was a Fire Pro wich is more powerful than prestige. i think u talking about LM prestige.
Anyway do u play with FXP Prestige? What string u reccomend?

Tks

fastdunn
08-23-2007, 05:52 PM
ok, sorry. I haven't played with LM fire pro. can't compare those.

i think it depends more on your preferences than the racquet.

but to me, i've got the impression that i enjoy my fxp prestige
most when i use feel oriented string(guts, multi's)

i currently use natural gut hybrid with various synthetics(nylons,polys).
gut at mains.

my impression is that fxp prestige is pretty stiff at the throat area
but feels flexible in head area.

JW10S
08-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Try HEAD's new C3 Rocket strings...

Quick_silver
08-24-2007, 09:44 AM
U already played with C3 Rocket? How it feels?
I need a confortable string.

TheRed
08-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Gamma Fat Core in the mains, Head RIP control in the crosses. Trust me. You gut comfort, control, decent power and surprisingly, durability. More than the other way around. The added bonus is, it's a very cheap set up.

carac
08-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Hi all. Can u plz help me finding a string to my FXP Prestige MP?
I prefer a string that gives me confort and control because i hit hard. One handed back-hand.
My last LM fire pro had Allu Power at 24Kg wich i really like because was confortable and i had nice spin and control. As i have 2 FXP Prestige should i use same strings and tension in both or diferent?
i am a 4-4.5 nrtp player.

TY all.

If you are over 4 nrtp and young (which I can assume based on the idea that ALU Power is 'comfortable') you should first try a good hybrid (eventually one like this (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=152695)), then a full Luxilon Supersense (and by that time you should already be better adapted to the bigger swingweight of the Prestige) and in the end you might return to ALU Power (Rough or not) or a hybrid around it - IMHO right now ALU Power Rough is the best poly for control on hard-hitting but is not very good on feel or comfort.

Quick_silver
08-24-2007, 01:56 PM
isnt better ply in mains and gut in crosses? what r diferences? Control, comfort,power,...?

fastdunn
08-24-2007, 02:22 PM
A guideline is that you get 80% of playing characteristics from mains
and 20% from crosses.