PDA

View Full Version : Which type of string?

Bundey
08-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Which string gives you the best spin, is easy on the arm and doesn't have much power?

I want something that won't fly on me, thanks.

abenguyen
08-23-2007, 10:19 PM
you are looking for a polyester in turns of great string and low power, but soft on the arm is opposite. they are the stiffer strings compared to syn gut/multi/gut. kevlar is even stiffer. if you want a good poly thats soft on the arm try topspin's poly polar or their new cyber power

Bundey
08-24-2007, 08:05 AM
Which poly is softest on the arm? Also, do they offer good spin potential.

abenguyen
08-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Which poly is softest on the arm? Also, do they offer good spin potential.

all polys offer good spin potential because they are designed for the spin type player. some soft polys i'd recommend are:

topspin poly polar
topspin cyber power
signum pro poly plasma

there are others that I can't think of right now but people will come and answer soon

Bundey
08-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks, is pro hurricane tour soft on the arm, or luxilon big banger alu power?

Pr0DiGy
08-24-2007, 04:08 PM
IMO, Pro Hurricane Tour is a little softer than Luxilon. However, the three that abenguyen mentioned have reputations as some of the softest poly's around. Cyber Flash is also good, but Cyber Power is supposed to be better in other departments. Strangely, TW still doesn't carry Cyber Power.

A good idea would be to hybrid poly with a multi like Tecnifibre X-One Biphase. The complete lack of power from full power is slightly alleviated with the addition of a softer, more powerful cross string. The poly mains will keep the ball controlled.

Bundey
08-24-2007, 04:09 PM
If I use a full PHT setup with my babolat pure drive cortex will my arm hurt?

Pr0DiGy
08-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Depends if your arm has ever hurt before.

If it has, most likely it will now. Full poly in a racket as stiff as the Pure Drive is my no means a soft setup.

Forehand Forever
08-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Try out a synthetic gut. I used to use PHT and Xcel in the crosses. That wasn't bad but I tried out Prince Synthetic Gut Multifilament at 58. The string has good power like my old set up did.

kirbster123
08-24-2007, 06:11 PM
PHT is fairly soft for a poly, so you harm shouldnt hurt. Since the Pure Drive is already stiff I would hybrid the PHT, or string lower.

Valjean
08-24-2007, 07:41 PM
Which string gives you the best spin, is easy on the arm and doesn't have much power?

I want something that won't fly on me, thanks.
Your problem is that spin and stiff stringbeds largely go hand-in-hand. Tecnifibre's TrC, a control-oriented multifilament. Prince's Lightning Power, a poly-fusion product.

Forehand Forever
08-25-2007, 04:58 AM
Bundey, if you have arm problems don't use any type of poly. Get your arm back into shape, make it stronger and then start using poly.

dewey4262
08-25-2007, 12:46 PM
I would take a look at Iso-Speed Control. I found it to be low powered, adequate spin wise, and more comfortable then many poly's.