PDA

View Full Version : How much does it cost to join J Block?

StealthGnome
08-23-2007, 08:46 PM
They have the most fun during tennis matches. Does membership include T-Shirts and head bands?

Fee
08-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Yes, I bet it was an absolute blast when the Chair umpire gave them a warning for their behavior during the LA final. There are some reports of very negative behavior from that crowd, and if it's true, I would not want to be part of it.

But www.jamesblaketennis.com (http://www.jamesblaketennis.com) should have all the info you need.

StealthGnome
08-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Awesome! I can get J Block stuff on TW.

WHAT?! $30 FOR J BLOCK?

quest01
08-23-2007, 11:44 PM
A Harvard education.

Deuce
08-24-2007, 12:21 AM
A Harvard education.
... which obviously isn't what it used to be.

xtremerunnerars
08-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Isn't the price of dignity going up these days? Last I checked it was like 75 bucks a barrel....

Fedace
08-24-2007, 09:19 AM
They have the most fun during tennis matches. Does membership include T-Shirts and head bands?

Hey who is that cute blonde that always sits in middle of J-block?:confused:

dave333
08-24-2007, 09:20 AM
lol I sat next to the area of J-block yesterday. they really are loud.

Zets147
08-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Hey who is that cute blonde that always sits in middle of J-block?:confused:

That's me. You want my number?

Fee
08-24-2007, 10:19 AM
lol I sat next to the area of J-block yesterday. they really are loud.

I don't have a problem with loud at all (Paradorn's Thai fans in Washington were loud; the Chileans are loud in Miami, and so on). I have a problem with derogatory names yelled at James' opponent. Did you hear any of that when you sat next to them (and if you did, would you tell us?)

rommil
08-24-2007, 10:58 AM
I don't have a problem with loud at all (Paradorn's Thai fans in Washington were loud; the Chileans are loud in Miami, and so on). I have a problem with derogatory names yelled at James' opponent. Did you hear any of that when you sat next to them (and if you did, would you tell us?)

Although I haven't had first experience with the J block, it is fun to be sitting close to Paradorn's cheering section or better yet wear a red shirt and join in.

dave333
08-24-2007, 11:23 AM

I don't specifically remember a lot of what they said as it was usually a massive garble of words but close line calls, challenges from Calleri, etc. were generally met with "what!", a little profanity, and yelling. Calleri's UEs, blake's winners were always met with cheers and "Go blake" and stuff like that.

Fee
08-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Thanks. :)

It's possible that James has spoken to them and convinced them to tone it down, but the USO will be the true test. It's funny, the first year they were around (2005), all the reports were positive, then the complaints started to leak out a little bit last year. Like I said, I have no problem with loud, but the name calling, racial slurs, and other behaviors that they have been accused of, if true, are absolutely unacceptable and reflect very poorly on James.

javier sergio
08-24-2007, 11:34 AM

more than T-shirts and heads, dinner, lunch, etc all that to bother Blake's opponents!!!!