PDA

View Full Version : New vision

ericwong
08-24-2007, 01:48 AM
To all teaching pros and match players,

I read this link from revolutionary tennis and I came across this new method of tracking the ball ( http://www.revolutionarytennis.com/federervisiontechnique.html ) Do you recommend this to your student?

Like to hear from you

ThePro101
08-24-2007, 03:22 AM
Thanks Eric,
This looks interesting enough to try.

EricW
08-24-2007, 07:17 AM
Thanks for posting this, I'll definitely try this today

burosky
08-24-2007, 07:27 AM
Interesting concept. I just wonder if the author actually sat down with Roger to find out if this truly is what he is doing. He talks about what Roger does "matter of factly" as if he had a one on one session with Roger to pick his brains. I'm not disputing what he is saying. On the surface, it looks like it has a lot of merit. Something worth checking into.

dunloplayah
08-24-2007, 07:32 AM
I realize reading this that i hit backhands that way (1HBH) but have never really tried it on my FH. I will next match!

smoothtennis
08-24-2007, 07:38 AM
Interesting concept. I just wonder if the author actually sat down with Roger to find out if this truly is what he is doing. He talks about what Roger does "matter of factly" as if he had a one on one session with Roger to pick his brains. I'm not disputing what he is saying. On the surface, it looks like it has a lot of merit. Something worth checking into.

This was my first thought, as it is such common sense. It sounds like he is deducing this from photos. Not that it is a bad idea...whether Roger does it or not, it still might help some people who try it.

Like...why couldn't someone just ask Roger if he does this? ...in an interview or something? Why would that be so hard?

PS...they could also settle the Jumpulse BS too.

naturalexponent
08-24-2007, 09:35 AM
I felt that this technique really helped on my backhands. I used to have trouble finding the proper contact point out in front but this really helps me to take the ball early. Forehands are a different story... felt really awkward and my balls just sat up a lot.