PDA

View Full Version : Another friendly fire tragedy

Vector
08-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Are American soldiers to dumb to be trusted by their allies considering all the friendly fire deaths? Or is it that they are to gung ho and reckless? Either way, too many lives have been lost.

CanadianChic
08-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Link please.

mclee025
08-24-2007, 03:01 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6962071.stm

Max G.
08-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Are American soldiers to dumb to be trusted by their allies considering all the friendly fire deaths?

Doubt it. Friendly fire is a fact of war, and for "American soldiers to be too dumb to be trusted" we'd have to show that there are more friendly fire deaths than expected here... especially given the difficult conditions of fighting an insurgency instead of an organized army, I don't think this shows anything about the intelligence of American soldiers.

Venetian
08-24-2007, 09:33 PM
No, we're not dumb. Friendly fire accidents happen in every war on every side. Why would you think this points to a lack of intelligence? If you are involved in a car accident, does that mean you're dumb?

It seems to me like you don't really know anything about the military, or the people who serve in it.

J-man
08-24-2007, 10:39 PM
It happens to every fighting army. It's one of the sad facts of war. It's to bad.

Phil
08-25-2007, 03:13 AM
No, we're not dumb. Friendly fire accidents happen in every war on every side. Why would you think this points to a lack of intelligence? If you are involved in a car accident, does that mean you're dumb?

It seems to me like you don't really know anything about the military, or the people who serve in it.
Yeah, friendly fire incidents are certainly an unfortunate fact of war, but one has to at least ask the question: how many Afghan weddings need to be bombed before we re-examine our ROE's?