PDA

View Full Version : 2 Hands on Forehand & Backhand

powerandpace
08-24-2007, 10:20 AM
I hit with 2 hands off both wings for ground strokes. Is it very important or necessary that I use extended/plus versions of racquets? I've been using oversized, plus racquets for as long as I've been playing, but there are so many awesome sticks that are not 27.5" long. If I used a 27" racquet, it wouldn't change my game too much, would it?

Tennismastery
08-24-2007, 10:23 AM
I hit with 2 hands off both wings for ground strokes. Is it very important or necessary that I use extended/plus versions of racquets? I've been using oversized, plus racquets for as long as I've been playing, but there are so many awesome sticks that are not 27.5" long. If I used a 27" racquet, it wouldn't change my game too much, would it?

Technically no. The loss of a half inch should not make a difference in your game with just the exception of the feel of the stick. Unless you have a national ranking, and even with one, the half inch should not prove to be consequencial. Unless you are being pushed on most shots to reach them, the half inch would be negligable at best.