PDA

View Full Version : Yonex "leather" grips

AmericanTemplar
08-24-2007, 10:21 AM
I was scouring the internet for Yonex "leather" grips and I found a badmiton site that sells them. They sell both the "Basic Leather Grip" and the "Super Leather Grip." The grips that came stock on my Yonex Racquets have become compressed, decreasing the grip size and rounding out the bevels. I would like to replace the grips with leather to solve the problem. What is the difference between these two grips? The site that sells them claims that they are new for 2007 and that they are real leather. The Yonex website shows all of their grips as being made of polyurathane, which leads me to wonder how these are any different than normal synthetic grips. If that is the case, considering that the price is about the same as real leather grips, would these be worth getting? Tomorrow I am off to NYC for the U.S. Open and I was planning on stopping by RPNY and checking out their grips. I prefer not to pay the hefty price for the grips that they produce, but if they are really worth it, then I'm willing to shell out the cash. Anyone have any experience with the Yonex "leather" grips?