PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my set of VS 17?

cho1220
08-24-2007, 12:47 PM
my mom's friend i guess was sponsored by babolat and gave us some of her strings she had laying around and one happened to be this string.

i was wondering what would be the best to do with it? i was thinking the VS on the mains with something on the crosses I have no idea which.

right now i use PD+ one racquet with full hurricane tour and the other one with hurricane tour on the mains and NXT on the crosses just to give an idea...i greatly prefer the nxt crosses

kirbster123
08-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Best thing you can do is to sell to me, just kidding.

One of the best hybrids I have ever done was Luxilon Big Banger Timo 17 gauge, and 17 gauge VS in the crosses. Amazing hybrid.

VS mains is good if you don't break strings that often, but if you break fast, I would put it in the crosses.

cho1220
08-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Also i forgot to add that both of my PD+ are cortex. i cant find the edit button..

carac
08-24-2007, 12:53 PM
my mom's friend i guess was sponsored by babolat and gave us some of her strings she had laying around and one happened to be this string.

i was wondering what would be the best to do with it? i was thinking the VS on the mains with something on the crosses I have no idea which.

right now i use PD+ one racquet with full hurricane tour and the other one with hurricane tour on the mains and NXT on the crosses just to give an idea...i greatly prefer the nxt crosses

My guess would be to try first hurricane mains + vs crosses (crosses maybe 1-2 pounds higher than NXT), then eventually the reverse combination (but on PD+ it might not last a lot).

cho1220
08-24-2007, 12:57 PM
My guess would be to try first hurricane mains + vs crosses (crosses maybe 1-2 pounds higher than NXT), then eventually the reverse combination (but on PD+ it might not last a lot).

regular hurricane or tour?

and i dont know if the NXT's that she gave me were old or something but w/o even hitting that much, the PHT started 'peeling' off the coating of my NXT's. does this normally happen? would this happen to the gut?

also off topic question but what color is vs17 haha

kirbster123
08-25-2007, 12:21 PM
natural....

Zets147
08-25-2007, 12:39 PM
if you don't break strings often then do a VS Mains/ PHT Crosses

If you do break lots of strings then do PHT Mains with VS Crosses

cho1220
08-25-2007, 05:20 PM
i've never really known for sure what a 'string breaker is'

like someone that breaks them in a week? a month?

my strings usually last longer than a month and i dont think that my PHT will ever break.