PDA

View Full Version : Help Help And Help

swisser
08-24-2007, 06:15 PM
thers a guy i play hes like 17 and im 13 wht should i do to beat him heres his style.
1. serve is good he mixes it up but when down break point he serves real hard and flat.
2.backhand is 2 hands its good in a rally but if u just threw a ball up he couldnt hit a really hard shot.
3.forehand omg its so hard with so munch pace good and cosistent.
4. good net although his volleys r like a reverse fohedand very weird.
5.hes is very fast too.

p.s. HES GOT A VERY GOOD INSIDE OUT FOREHAND.

cj011
08-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Guys like this need accuracy at the beginning of the point to beat them. There are two approaches that I would use. First, I would at the first chance hit him a high two handed backhand so you get control of the point. That way even if he hits his forehand, he is stretching on his forehand side and thus killing his ability to hit a big shot. Second, pull him either out wide of the forehand or go deep the the forehand side. I take it he has a semi-western grip. He will more than likely float a ball. From this point, your footwork is key. If he goes down the line, plant and nail it cross court. You really want him to go to your backhand. If he floats it, then run around and hit a hard topspin forehand to his backhand. Now he has to run across the court and beat you on the run with his weaker shot. If he slices after that, no biggie because you now have an approach shot to work with. If you get in trouble, loop the ball high to his backhand. Once you annoy him with that, slice one outwide to his forehand since he will be favoring his backhand side, even if you slice your forehand. It's fine because he will have to cover alot of court to get it. Most people when rushing to a ball, will rush through there shots.

swisser
08-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Guys like this need accuracy at the beginning of the point to beat them. There are two approaches that I would use. First, I would at the first chance hit him a high two handed backhand so you get control of the point. That way even if he hits his forehand, he is stretching on his forehand side and thus killing his ability to hit a big shot. Second, pull him either out wide of the forehand or go deep the the forehand side. I take it he has a semi-western grip. He will more than likely float a ball. From this point, your footwork is key. If he goes down the line, plant and nail it cross court. You really want him to go to your backhand. If he floats it, then run around and hit a hard topspin forehand to his backhand. Now he has to run across the court and beat you on the run with his weaker shot. If he slices after that, no biggie because you now have an approach shot to work with. If you get in trouble, loop the ball high to his backhand. Once you annoy him with that, slice one outwide to his forehand since he will be favoring his backhand side, even if you slice your forehand. It's fine because he will have to cover alot of court to get it. Most people when rushing to a ball, will rush through there shots.

thanks ill try it.

cj011
08-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Also, try slicing your returns really low. That forces him to lift. The downside is you will have to move your butt for the next shot. The up side is that your opponent just floated the ball and you have something to nail