PDA

View Full Version : Good string type for flat-hitting

racquet_jedi
08-24-2007, 09:04 PM
What string type is good for flat-hitting, has a solid feel, and provides a decent amount of power?

carac
08-24-2007, 11:56 PM
What string type is good for flat-hitting, has a solid feel, and provides a decent amount of power?

Natural gut at a high tension, natural + poly, for all-poly you might like Luxilon Supersense (but if you want a lot of power don't go high in tension).

jonolau
08-25-2007, 02:32 AM
Flat hitters can use almost any type of string. The most important is how much racquet head speed you're able to generate and whether your style can produce power.

Also, do other factors such as string movement bug you? If it does, using a polys will reduce or even totally eliminate this problem. If you want usable power and comfort, hybrid with poly in the mains and use a softer string such as a syn gut or even multifilament in the crosses.

kirbster123
08-25-2007, 09:28 AM
I dont find there is a specific string for flat hitters, but I would reccomend something like natural gut, becuase you wont break it that quickly.

Valjean
08-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Gosen's OG Sheep Micro Super JC, Jim Courier's string.

Sinner
08-25-2007, 09:54 AM
I also tend to hit the ball flat, so I usually go for the thinnest guage string for the best playability...