PDA

View Full Version : Pro Hurricane Tour Hybrid

HappyLefty
08-25-2007, 02:00 PM
I was testing PHT with very good results in the spin department (55 lbs in my DNX V1 mp stick) . My biggest issue is in the comfort area. I felt this string stiff and my arms doesn`t like it.
How to save this string without lowering the tension or changing the racquet?
How is your experience with PHT in a hybrid setup?
If good, what string, tension and gauge to use in the crosses?

Hope you light up my game! :-)

jkonecne
08-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Personally, I have Wilson Reaction in the crosses and string them 2 lbs less then the mains. I like thinner gauge so I use the 17s. Thinnest TW has of it.

HappyLefty
08-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Personally, I have Wilson Reaction in the crosses and string them 2 lbs less then the mains. I like thinner gauge so I use the 17s. Thinnest TW has of it.

Thanks.
My stringer has Gamma and Pince Syn Gut. Is it a good choice?.

ChocolatePie
08-25-2007, 05:19 PM
I have no clue because I use a full job and it doesn't bother my arm at all.

hrstrat57
08-25-2007, 07:15 PM
I have full job in both of my i prestige mp strung at mid range...17 gauge...

Love it....

bluescreen
08-25-2007, 09:01 PM
i have 16 guage on both of my n6.1's at 57, and they give me no problem.

although, ive done a hybrid with regular pro hurricane and xcel premium. its very comfortable and offers ridiculous spin, but there is a lot more power (so u have to string tighter) and durability just isnt there.

PED
08-26-2007, 05:45 AM
I've used PHT with either wilson super spin or sensation in the crosses. It really softens up the stringbed. Durability is less but it's very very comfortable. I use PHT hybrids it in my backup APD now and have used it in a pure drive as well: if the hybrid is comfortable in those stiff sticks, then it should be nice in your Volkl, the prince syn gut would make a nice cross as well. I just switched to a syn gut cross myself this week, so we'll see how it goes. I noticed you "updated" your signature to show 42 now :)

mhstennis100
08-26-2007, 10:15 AM
I tried a hybrid of PHT 17 in the mains and Ashaway Syn Gut (my current string in full job) on my Dunlop AG 200's at 59. Pretty comfortable, good control, much lower powered than full syn gut. I cut it out because I felt like I didn't have the power to hit winners when I needed to.

Purostaff
08-26-2007, 10:28 AM
I hybrid PHT 16 with gosen micro syn 17, and it's very soft (I've tried 57, 55, 52lb). PHT 17g is a lot more softer than 16g. Also, there's also seem to be a break-in period for me (when it become settled) with about 2-3 hours of play.

Pr0DiGy
08-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Hey PED, how did you like Super Spin compared to Sensation, and hod did you like it in general? I used to use Sensation for a little while, it felt really nice for a few hours but then it broke. Is Super Spin more durable?

HappyLefty
08-26-2007, 12:53 PM
I noticed you "updated" your signature to show 42 now :)
I see you are tracking my aging process. ;)

PED
08-26-2007, 01:44 PM
I really don't care for the Super spin that much. My son loves it, but it's a bit too firm for me. Sensation does not last that long, but it does feel nice while it lasts. The super spin is much more durable and I was amazed at how long my hybrid of super spin crosses and bb alu rough mains lasted in july. I'm trying out the titan syn gut crosses from pro supex so hopefully that will give me the setup I'm looking for. My latest setup was full blue gear 17 and while i got alot of spin I was not really able to drive the ball. My hitting partner remarked that my balls were kind of "floaty" as opposed to when i had been using a poly/spin gut hybrid, so i'm going back to that again. I think part of the problem might have been the 17 instead of 16 blue gear. I played with the 16 earlier in the summer and that little bit of extra stiffness seemed to really help me.