PDA

View Full Version : Made in China , what do you think?

blitzmage_89
08-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Amidst the current Mattel and Fischer scandals about their product. What are your bad experiences with Made in China products?

The one I have is a chinese made soap. Man it stings so much and you don't smell any fragrance , seemed like it's made of acid. After using it my skin got really red:-(

As for shoes well I have no problem with Made in China ones , actually I prefer them over the ones manufactured in Indonesia or Thailand. The sole is very durable and I can even walk them on floods. Though when it comes to racquets , I buy only the ones manufactured in Taiwan , Japan and Austria.

noobplayer
08-25-2007, 05:10 PM
if the soap stings and irritates ur skin isnt it common sense to stop using it? maybe its anti-bacterial soap?

noobplayer
08-25-2007, 05:10 PM
plus no offense but y would u buy chinse soap?

blitzmage_89
08-25-2007, 05:25 PM
we went to china back then and we ran out of soap , so we had to go to the local mart to buy one.

xtremerunnerars
08-25-2007, 07:23 PM
I don't think it's an acid. Isn't soap basic?

It might be a strong base which would burn you too, but then again it could be all in your head. A whole lot of stuff is made in china now and has been for quite some time. I haven't had any trouble to speak of yet (knock on wood.)

Phil
08-26-2007, 12:04 AM
I don't think it's an acid. Isn't soap basic?

It might be a strong base which would burn you too, but then again it could be all in your head. A whole lot of stuff is made in china now and has been for quite some time. I haven't had any trouble to speak of yet (knock on wood.)

I don't have a problem with textiles or shoes from China, but anything mechanical or edible, I stay away from. China's food and water quality is poor, and getting worse as enviornmental damage takes its toll on the soil and ground water. This is why many people who actually travel to China end up being poisoned (yeah, dihareah or food poisoning DOES amount to being poisoned).

In my experience, anything mechanical from China seems to fall apart within weeks if not sooner-unless it's from a Japanese company that does manufacturing in China; the Japanese producers have good quality control. Tennis racquets seem okay to me.