St. Pierre by TKO Round 2
Gonzaga by Submission Round 3.

Those are my predictions.

Ronaldo
08-25-2007, 07:34 PM
St. Pierre about to start now. Found UFC 74 free on mma.tv on TVU player

stoffer
08-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Wow. Randy still proving doubters wrong including myself. So who's next for Randy?

Hot Sauce
08-25-2007, 08:57 PM
I want to see a Randy Couture vs. Fedor Emelyanenko, although I know Fedor would destroy.

stoffer
08-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Imagine if Randy won that fight... The MMA world would explode.

xtremerunnerars
08-25-2007, 09:07 PM
yay i guessed right!

35ft6
08-25-2007, 10:45 PM
This was one of the worst UFC events I've seen in a while.

Leon22
08-27-2007, 10:29 AM
This was one of the worst UFC events I've seen in a while.

Agreed. GSP owned Koschek which is what I wanted, but Koscheck took no risks to try and get a win, as usual. So it made the fight boring.

Gonzaga Couture was kind of boring.

The Babalu win over Heath was disgusting, too much blood and Sobral holding the submission even after tapout and when the ref tried to seperate him was sickening. The sport has been moving forward and I like how UFC is really strict on their drug policy. But, if Babalu doesn"t get a hefty fine and suspension I will be disheartened and I think it will be a blow to the popularity UFC has been gaining.

Ronaldo
08-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Gonzaga had one sweet kick to Randy's dome, stopped him in his tracks just before the end of the fight. A fight with Fedor Emelianenko will be awesome.

35ft6
08-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Gonzaga had one sweet kick to Randy's dome, stopped him in his tracks just before the end of the fight. A fight with Fedor Emelianenko will be awesome. According to Wikipedia, there are some issues preventing Fedor's management and UFC coming to terms, and it's kind of scary because as trivial as the issues are, the UFC has a reputation for being extremely uncompromising.

Fedor would completely destroy Coulture. Arlovski is a likely opponent. I'm sure the UFC would quietly hope for a huge upset to "show" the Pride fans how wrong they've been all along underestimating the UFC heavyweight division. Not sure if they'd immediately throw somebody like Sylvia at him since they hyped up Sylvia for so long and Fedor would most likely beat him in about 1 minute.

GRANITECHIEF
08-27-2007, 01:50 PM
That too bad about Fedor. It seems like he would dominate but surprises do happen. Mirko and Fedor had a fairly competitive fight, whereas Gonzaga nearly took off Mirko's head. And Couture dominated Gonzaga. Hope fully Couture would be able to hold his own at least for a while.

I want to see Arlovski fight again, although his last fight was kinda technical and boring. Some of his previous fights are off the hook with athleticism. Arlovski CroCop would be fun.

I have a feeling the Dean of Mean is in for some punishment by a refocused Iceman.

35ft6
08-27-2007, 05:04 PM
^ Crocop's been caught unexpectedly before. Randleman. The closest Fedor has gotten to slipping is against Fujita, but he has an uncanny way of keeping his wits about him and winning the fight. Really, he's undefeated (in pride rules, that cut would have resulted in a draw or disqualification, not a loss), so, yeah, anything can happen, but it's really taking that thought (anything can happen) to the limit with somebody like Fedor who's never really lost.

I'd love to see more of Sokoudjou. So far the guy's looked like the second, bigger-sized coming of a prime Vitor Belfort.

Ronaldo
09-03-2007, 04:39 AM
Any news on the UFC releasing Renato Sobral?

35ft6
09-03-2007, 01:05 PM
^ Just watched that fight on Daily Motion. It didn't look as malicious as I was expecting.