PDA

View Full Version : Eminem, what a great rapper!

morten
08-26-2007, 03:13 AM
i am like addicted at the moment. The guy is just a plain genius, some of his songs makes me crazy.... Anything i should know about him? I love the song "welcome to Detroit city" btw.... Oh and i am an adult.... thats it :)

dave333
08-26-2007, 05:52 AM
I'm not a big fan of rap though eminem could be worse...

hyrulemaster
08-26-2007, 07:19 AM
I totally agree with you. Eminem is who brought me into the rap and hip hop world, but I think he trumps most (if not all) of the rappers out there now. His lyrics are pure genius and most of the people who hate him are hard right wing people who believe he should get back together with his wife and cursing and hating gay people (but it looks like they have a problem with that last part too ;) ). What's remarkable about him is that he was able to convey all of the pain of his life into his music, and of course it's violent, he had a terrible life!

I love Eminem.

To the OP, you should check out the 8 Mile Soundtrack if you havent already. There are three Eminem exclusives on there (Lose Yourself, 8 Mile, and Rabbit Run) which are really really good, and then there are some with him featuring other artists (Rap Game and Love Me) which are good as well.

But yeah let's keep this Eminem thread going.
My favorite Slim Shady album is the Marshall Mathers LP, with The Eminem Show edging in at second.

emcee143
08-26-2007, 01:47 PM
As good as Eminem is. There are soo many people stronger than him with deeper messages. Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind, Brother Ali, NaS, The Roots.

Basically, most of the Rock the Bells lineup > Eminem.