PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only person who wants a white Tourna Grip?

bwain
08-26-2007, 01:26 PM
Why doesn't Unique make the original tournagrip in White. I love the look of a white grip and I love the feel/absorbtion of tournagrip. Wouldn't it make sense to combine the two?

tenniskid3119
08-26-2007, 01:28 PM
no youre not. I love the white grip color too, but right now I like the blue for something different. I used wilson pro for a looooooonnnnnnnng time.

mrw
08-27-2007, 10:14 AM
another vote for white

ProStaff Legend
08-27-2007, 10:55 AM
how bout a vote for black?

Nuke
08-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Tournagrip comes in black and a light gray, although you only see the blue in stores. See the other colors at Unique's website: http://www.uniquesports.us/prod_tourna.htm

The Tournagrip High Tack also comes in white.

ProStaff Legend
08-27-2007, 11:53 AM
now just hav to wait for tournaII to come in black and white

bwain
08-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Tournagrip comes in black and a light gray, although you only see the blue in stores. See the other colors at Unique's website: http://www.uniquesports.us/prod_tourna.htm

The Tournagrip High Tack also comes in white.

How much different is the High Tack from the original? Anyone?

bluetrain4
08-27-2007, 01:39 PM
How much different is the High Tack from the original? Anyone?

High tack is different. It feel different. It's like a cross between Original Tourna and Wilson Pro (in my opinion). It's more durable and tackier, the feel is smoother, slightly spongier, less rough to the touch. It absorbs sweat fairly well, but not as well as original Tourna.

shutupova
08-27-2007, 03:51 PM
i have been thinking the same.
why is it so hard to make them in different colors?
this should have happened long time ago.

bwain
08-27-2007, 04:58 PM
i have been thinking the same.
why is it so hard to make them in different colors?
this should have happened long time ago.

The only reason I can think of is the fact that if you are playing with a Tournagrip, everyone knows you are playing with a tournagrip. I white grip would "blend in" with the rest of the other white grips.

However that reason is thrown out the window because they make tournagrip in grey and black. Maybe they are going down the spectum...black - grey - white. I might have a 30 pack under the christmas tree this year. Though I doubt it.

My opinion is I think they would gain alot more customers that sweat alot that want a white grip and end up "settling" (thats right I said settling) on a wilson pro overgrip.

My two cents.

bluetrain4
08-27-2007, 07:56 PM
I think the reason they haven't come out with more colors of Tourna is simply because they have sold a ton of the limited colors they have available. People either love or hate Tourna and I doubt new colors would up sales that much, though a few more people may try it.

king of swing
08-27-2007, 08:15 PM
another vote for white

bwain
08-28-2007, 08:13 AM
I just got an email from Unique Sports and the girl said they discontinued every color except blue in all of the tournagrips. So I am guessing white will not be happening. Weak.

Voltron
08-28-2007, 08:20 AM
That sucks, I was holding out for a reel of white Tourna XL. :(

origmarm
08-28-2007, 08:23 AM
Would be cool to have a white one. That said I see why they don't do it, people see the blue and immediately think Tournagrip. Even when Head had the "fake Tourna" that Agassi used, everyone still thought it was Tourna

shutupova
08-30-2007, 06:39 PM
The only reason I can think of is the fact that if you are playing with a Tournagrip, everyone knows you are playing with a tournagrip. I white grip would "blend in" with the rest of the other white grips.

However that reason is thrown out the window because they make tournagrip in grey and black. Maybe they are going down the spectum...black - grey - white. I might have a 30 pack under the christmas tree this year. Though I doubt it.

My opinion is I think they would gain alot more customers that sweat alot that want a white grip and end up "settling" (thats right I said settling) on a wilson pro overgrip.

My two cents.

i understand that.
but on the flip side, other companies certainly can make their own version of tournagrip with multiple colors. this will hurt unique sports alot.