PDA

View Full Version : PRINCE Problend ?

cukoo
08-26-2007, 06:15 PM
At what tension should I string my oversized AA Radical LE with prince problend? I string poly at 65 but they go dead very fast and become too "bouncy" on the stringbed. I like to hang out on the baseline and hit flat balls. No arm problems btw, I have some problend laying around so i want to try them out, what is a good tension?

Ripper
08-26-2007, 06:45 PM
At what tension should I string my oversized AA Radical LE with prince problend? I string poly at 65 but they go dead very fast and become too "bouncy" on the stringbed. I like to hang out on the baseline and hit flat balls. No arm problems btw, I have some problend laying around so i want to try them out, what is a good tension?

Don't go higher than 55 or it'll, probably, feel too harsh. It won't feel bouncy, no matter the tension, because of the kevlar, which is a dead feeling string. I guess that's what you're aiming for.

Midlife crisis
08-26-2007, 06:48 PM
I was a ProBlend user for a couple of years before switching to poly. In the same racquet, I found that I would string between 7-10% looser with ProBlend to get about the same response as I do with a medium stiffness poly, depending on the density of the stringbed. For an OS racquet, I'd lean towards the 7% figure, so if you used 65 lbs., I'd give it a shot stringing both the kevlar mains and synthetic gut crosses at 60 pounds for a start. The kevlar will stretch quite a bit over the first week and it'll soften up a bit with some play.