PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Question

tdowlin2
08-26-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm looking for some input on how a natural gut/signum pro poly plasma hybrid would perform with 1) gut mains and poly plasma crosses and 2) the pro poly mains and gut crosses. Since the gut is expensive and I only have enough for one of these setups, I wanted input on how the two profiles would be different. I would really appreciate any help or suggestions.

carac
08-26-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm looking for some input on how a natural gut/signum pro poly plasma hybrid would perform with 1) gut mains and poly plasma crosses and 2) the pro poly mains and gut crosses. Since the gut is expensive and I only have enough for one of these setups, I wanted input on how the two profiles would be different. I would really appreciate any help or suggestions.

You can see a description of my experience here (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=152695) - since my racquet has a dense string pattern I don't plan on trying the reverse hybrid very soon.
However you should keep in mind that the string that goes to the mains might provide 75-80% of the final result, and the crosses only the smaller rest - which means that with natural gut in mains at a normal tension you will have a large amount of power (which is the reason why most people use a higher / much higher tension for natural gut - where you get more control and feel) - and with SPPP in the mains you will get durability.
Also you can get some idea of the reverse hybrid (SPPP mains) by using a very cheap soft syntetic gut in the crosses - Forten Sweet or OG Sheep are among the low-cost favorites here - it will not be 100% like natural gut but in the crosses the difference is not so huge as in the mains.