PDA

View Full Version : When does a changeover occur?

Stuyten
08-26-2007, 08:40 PM
What exactly is a changeover, and when does it occur? Is this the time that the players rest, or is a changeover just when they change sides?

If its not when they rest, when is it that they are supposed to sit and rest, typically? And I'm only interested in the context of the US Open.

Rickson
08-26-2007, 08:47 PM
What exactly is a changeover, and when does it occur? Is this the time that the players rest, or is a changeover just when they change sides?

If its not when they rest, when is it that they are supposed to sit and rest, typically? And I'm only interested in the context of the US Open.Every 2 games on the odd number meaning after game 1, 3, 5, etc.. If you play a tiebreak, it's after every 6 points so after 3-3, 6-6, 9-9, etc..

Stuyten
08-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks very very much. I also want to know, when are the players are supposed to rest? When is it that theyre given that time?

Rickson
08-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks very very much. I also want to know, when are the players are supposed to rest? When is it that theyre given that time?

Strangely enough... during the change over. Isn't that a coincidence?

Steady Eddy
08-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Also, if you're attending the U.S. Open, don't expect there to be a break at the end of a set. That would only be if the set consisted of an odd # of games. For example, if the 1st set ends 6-4, the players will immediately start the next set. Often spectators chose this time to leave their seats, visit rest rooms, find refreshments, etc. because they imagine that there will be a break after each set. There isn't. It's rude to move around while the action is still going on.

If you want to leave your set, wait until the 1st game of the 2nd set is completed.

EricW
08-27-2007, 03:28 AM
By the way, how long is the changeover when you switch sides during a tiebreak?

Loco4Tennis
08-27-2007, 03:58 AM
ive read that the break in between games is 90 seconds and between sets is 120 seconds, i guess the reasoning for the time crunch is so you do not get cold between games and sets

Kaptain Karl
08-27-2007, 05:57 AM
Thanks very very much. I also want to know, when are the players are supposed to rest? When is it that theyre given that time?Another "twist" is ... after the very first game of the match, the players do change ends, but they are NOT allowed to sit and rest.

- KK

diggler
08-27-2007, 06:24 AM
Also, if you're attending the U.S. Open, don't expect there to be a break at the end of a set. That would only be if the set consisted of an odd # of games. For example, if the 1st set ends 6-4, the players will immediately start the next set. Often spectators chose this time to leave their seats, visit rest rooms, find refreshments, etc. because they imagine that there will be a break after each set. There isn't. It's rude to move around while the action is still going on.

If you want to leave your set, wait until the 1st game of the 2nd set is completed.

Um, there has been a break at the end of the set for a few years now.

Geezer Guy
08-27-2007, 01:50 PM

There's a change-over after odd-numbered games, and at the end of each set. However, there's no rest period after the first game of each set.

There's a change-over after each 6 points of a tie-break, but there's no rest during a tie-break.

The rest periods DURING a set last 90 seconds.
The rest periods BETWEEN sets last 120 seconds.

Steady Eddy
08-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Um, there has been a break at the end of the set for a few years now.

Oh. :oops: :oops: :oops: