PDA

View Full Version : Is a non-Babolat string exceptable for a Babolat?

AndyRLacoste
08-26-2007, 08:13 PM
I know the Pro-Hurricane is highly recommended, but does anyone else use a different string, I use a wilson on a Pure Drive Plus?

AznHylite
08-26-2007, 08:23 PM
It isn't exceptable... It's acceptable. Lol. Anyways, I would say it depends.

dancraig
08-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Is a non-Babolat string exceptable for a Babolat?

____Yes____

AndyRLacoste
08-26-2007, 08:43 PM
It isn't exceptable... It's acceptable. Lol. Anyways, I would say it depends.
Yeah, that changes the question, thanks.

I did mean "acceptable."

MTChong
08-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Do you happen to have a Babolat racquet, Babolat bag, Babolat shoes, etc?

Honestly, it won't make a difference -- strings are string. Do some searches for strings similar to your favorite Babolat ones, and you may find you'll enjoy non-Babolat strings even more.

Micky
08-26-2007, 09:34 PM
I know the Pro-Hurricane is highly recommended, but does anyone else use a different string, I use a wilson on a Pure Drive Plus?

Never ever do that. Never. You should join the Alliance dude.

ProStaff Legend
08-26-2007, 10:24 PM
y not? ten charac

bmichaelia
08-27-2007, 05:52 AM
Never ever do that. Never. You should join the Alliance dude.

Uh Oh. I have two Babolat racquets, never used Babolat strings, have a Wilson bag, Nike and Wilson shoes, maybe that's why I'm not playing better.:confused:

LoveThisGame
08-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Heck, I thought that the idea is to go on court with as many logos as possible ... bag, racquet, string, shoes, socks, shorts, shirt, wristband, cap, watch, sunblock ... all will make it a challenge not to repeat any logo.

And you can take it further by using different logos for each sock and sweatband.

dave333
08-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Nope. If your babolat rep found out...

Shashwat
08-27-2007, 05:25 PM
.....it doesn't matter......

martin8768
08-27-2007, 05:34 PM
wow doesn't make any difference at all use the string you like the most no matter what company its from, racket on the other hand are different, never betray your racket company! lmao

KBalla08
08-27-2007, 05:39 PM
yep of course it is... i use the Wilson Ultimate Duo on my PD... Luxilon Big Banger and NXT Tour... my racquet's are fine

Pr0DiGy
08-27-2007, 05:46 PM
It's just a recomendation. Pro Hurricane is Babolat's poly, and a poly is probably one of the best strings to put in a Pure Drive (to tame the power). Luxilon, Signum Pro, Topspin, and Pro Supex all make good polys.

pow
08-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Last time I tried putting Luxilon strings on my Babolat, the grommet on the racquet cut the strings because it was angry.

Hidious
08-27-2007, 06:29 PM
If you had to put the same string brand as the racquet, i guess we wouldn't have all those string companies. (Luxilon, Topspin, Signum, Gosen, Ashaway, etc, etc.)

Hidious
08-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Last time I tried putting Luxilon strings on my Babolat, the grommet on the racquet cut the strings because it was angry.

That's great sarcasm, i'd say level 5 or 6.

bluescreen
08-27-2007, 06:30 PM
dude, they just say that so u buy their strings. u can use whatever u want.

Knight Terrence Kuo III
08-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Lets be serious, it's fine what string you use even if it is from a different brand. Babolat however designs strings that work best with their line of rackets. So my recommendation is to use their strings. If that still doesn't work for you by all means switch. Perhaps i'm a little bias on the brand of everything on my racket given that i like it all to be BABOLAT. But really, i find the Pro Hurricane ( NOT TOUR ) awesome. I hate their overgrips which is why i use tourna. I use the wilson smiley faced shock absorber hehe and the reason i didn't get the gamma lead tape was because the babolat one looks good on my Pure Drive.

Peace

Steve Huff
08-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Those Babolat guys are pretty rough. They might come looking for you if they hear about you using some other "rogue" brand in one of their rackets.

quest01
08-27-2007, 07:47 PM

Honestly, it won't make a difference -- strings are string. Do some searches for strings similar to your favorite Babolat ones, and you may find you'll enjoy non-Babolat strings even more.

lol exactly

AndyRLacoste
08-27-2007, 07:50 PM

Racquet:Yes (In title of question)
Bag:No, Prince
Shoes:No, Adidas Barricade IV

So, no I'm not a Babolat freak.