PDA

View Full Version : There are so many string brands!

choth21
08-26-2007, 08:45 PM
I've been a Babolat natural gut string user forever, but I've decided to experiment with strings, and have started using the Luxilon big banger ALU strings and am really happy with them.

I'm not a chronic string breaker, because I hit pretty flat, but I'm really interested in experimenting with all these new strings out there, since there's so much new technology going on.

So when I started to look at TW for strings, I saw so many different brands! I'm just curious, can the market really support all these brands? Some of these brands seem pretty obscure, but what do I know, since I really hadn't heard of Luxilon until about a year ago.

Just curious!

choth21
08-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Ooops. i should have posted this in the strings forum. Sorry for mis-posting. If the moderator could move this post, that would be very much appreciated.

Zets147
08-26-2007, 09:30 PM
It's the "try'em" fever spreading. You gotta Try them all.

Try'em all, Try'em all, uh oh.

tbini87
08-26-2007, 11:01 PM
It's the "try'em" fever spreading. You gotta Try them all.

Try'em all, Try'em all, uh oh.

yeah, watch out for that fever! but it won't kill you to get out and test the waters. i like trying out different strings (mostly cheap ones!) and different types of hybrids. but just know that there will always be that next best thing and you will never be satisfied if you keep going all across the map! but good luck with your string hunting!

dacrymn
08-27-2007, 04:10 AM
or you can set a criteria for yourself to look for. That'll narrow it down alot, whether you choose performance, price, special characteristics, etc.