PDA

View Full Version : Sensation vs NXT Tour

AP328
08-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Ok, so I've read several posts on here about Sensation being a beginners/lousy string. I realize, in practice, it comes down to personal preference. So here's what I did...

I bought a second racquet (on sale) so I now have the same racquet as a back-up. I got it strung with NXT Tour to see if I noticed a difference. The string is the same gauge and strung at the same tension. I have hit with it a few times and played some friendly matches also.

So far...

It has a different feel, but I wouldn't say it's better. The string movement is pretty similar. I was having trouble hitting my forehand with the NXT (which is normally respectively consistent). I do know was more aware of the strings when playing with the NXT, so I realize I could have been too focused on the strings and not enough on relaxed strokes.

Any thoughts on the differences between these strings?

Thanks

nickb
08-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Sensation is the worst string I have ever used....no feel, lost all its tension and broke in an hour. NXT feels nothing like sensation....better durability and really grips the ball....you also get lots of dwell time with NXT as it has loads of feel. Very different strings imo...there are much better multis for the price than both NXT and sensation.

Nick

AP328
08-27-2007, 10:40 AM
there are much better multis for the price than both NXT and sensation.

Nick

What strings would you suggest?

nickb
08-27-2007, 10:56 AM
What strings would you suggest?

Pro Supex Maxim Touch
Head Fibergel Power
KLIP Excellerator
Prince Synthetic Gut Multifilament
Tecnifibre NRG2

ProStaff Legend
08-27-2007, 11:03 AM
i hear x1 biphase is like a more durable NRG2 so add that to the list. NRG2 plays well for a bit but starts to fray and loses alot of playability