PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Ball Machine?

Adam
08-27-2007, 03:14 PM
How hard would it be? Nothing special, set at one speed/trajectory. Two counter rotating wheels, motor and battery and a feed chute? Or would it simply be a waste of time and money and better off buying one? Just wondering

scotus
08-27-2007, 03:22 PM
I remember a quite in-depth discussion on this topic from a year or two ago. Try a search.

asknowbuylater
08-27-2007, 04:25 PM
I'd modify two fans(cut+sand off the wings and add enough rubber bands). Only costs 25 bucks at walmart. A car battery and a drill with some wood is good enough. I bought big baseball nets and set them up at home.

If you manage to set it up, post some pics and maybe a walkthrough. There are so many ways to do it. I'd gladly build a web site if enough people share their ideas! I'll make one soon... :)

blitzmage_89
08-27-2007, 08:21 PM
good luck on your pre-engineering thesis

dacrymn
08-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Wow I was just thinking the same thing! And yeah, it wouldn't actually be that hard, unless you want to vary spin and speed and such, which then you'd need two controls or more simply, to sets of wheels/batteries and just change the speed on one of them. This might be interesting.

mark rodgers
08-28-2007, 08:00 AM
As long as parts are available, I'd buy a broken machine (cheap) and rebuild it.