PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Channel on DirecTV????

PhillyMike
08-27-2007, 03:53 PM
It shows up on the guide but I can't get it (says programming not purchased). Do I have to order the Sports Pack or something? Is it part of a premium package? Do I need to upgrade my base package?

Fee
08-27-2007, 04:21 PM
You probably need to call Direct TV and ask them. I have to buy a $5 sports package to get it from Comcast, so it wouldn't surprise me if you have to do the same.

scorpion2103
08-28-2007, 08:07 PM
i think there was some commercial saying you needed that extreme oackage or something along those lines
best idea is to call

goober
08-28-2007, 09:06 PM
I am already getting the sports package and mine is on no problem. But I hardly watch it because the US Open is on all the time right now. :p

BreakPoint
08-28-2007, 10:24 PM
You need to get the Choice Extra package from DirecTV.

I thought I had it but apparently not. :(

I called DirecTV but they told me I had to call AT&T Home Entertainment because they're the ones that market and resell DirecTV services to where I live. I call AT&T and they had no idea what I was talking about. They kept telling me that DirecTV may have TTC but they do not, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever since they are just a reseller and the signals are all coming off of the same DirecTV satellite. This CS rep was so stupid I finally got so frustrated that I hung up. :mad:

BabblingPsychopath
08-29-2007, 09:06 AM
You need to get the Choice Extra package from DirecTV.

I thought I had it but apparently not. :(

I thought I had it too, but checked and I had "Total Choice", which is apparently a discontinued package (i.e. you can keep it, but nobody new can sign up for it).

I was able to change my programming package to Choice Extra online last night at the DirecTV web site. It was pretty easy, and took effect in minutes.

norcal
08-29-2007, 09:52 AM
When I go to ch 217 it is just blank, not the usual 'call xxx to order'.

So how much more for the sports package?

BreakPoint
08-29-2007, 10:12 AM
I thought I had it too, but checked and I had "Total Choice", which is apparently a discontinued package (i.e. you can keep it, but nobody new can sign up for it).

I was able to change my programming package to Choice Extra online last night at the DirecTV web site. It was pretty easy, and took effect in minutes.
Yes, I have the same "Total Choice" package. Do you subscribe through DirecTV directly (are they the ones that send you your bills?) or through a third party reseller like I do (e.g., AT&T Home Entertainment)? I'm not sure I can go through the DirecTV website as they won't even take my calls directly.

BTW, how much did it cost to upgrade from "Total Choice" to "Choice Extra"?

NoBadMojo
08-29-2007, 10:14 AM
When I go to ch 217 it is just blank, not the usual 'call xxx to order'.

So how much more for the sports package?

It's not part of a sports package. You should just look it up online. It comes as part of an upgrade package that includes some other non sports channels..it added approx 5 bucks a month to my current Direct TV subscription which was a pretty basic subscription

35ft6
08-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Hi Def US Open on Universal HD, baby!

Unfortunately, it's not a super high quality HD, almost looks like 480p.