PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only person who wants a black Wilson Pro Grip?

JavierLW
08-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Why doesn't Wilson make their Pro OverGrip in Black? I love the look of a black grip and I love the feel/tackyness of Wilson Pro Overgrip. Wouldn't it make sense to combine the two?

Shashwat
08-27-2007, 06:44 PM
I prefer white grips.

Or blue ones like the Tournagrip.

ProStaff Legend
08-27-2007, 06:59 PM
i agree, a black Wilson Pro would be the best grip ever.

just my opinion but i think wilson doesnt make them in black is because it doesnt get dirty. the other ones do and will be replaced more often. or they havnt found a dye/dyeing technique that wont change its playability too much

Zets147
08-27-2007, 07:01 PM
what's wrong with white grips? why you hatin'?

JavierLW
08-27-2007, 09:18 PM

There is nothing wrong with white grips. However black is cooler.

(plus it may look better on a particular racquet then white)

(plus if you are going for that badass all black look, and you have a nice mostly black racquet, having a bright white grip kind of spoils it)

At least Wilson H2O comes in black. (I see that basic Tournagrip does as well, but not the XL size which is probally more necessary)

So again, maybe if I wanted to be polictically correct I should of said why cant they make white and black grips at the same time?

Cant we all just get along??? :-)

ProStaff Legend
08-28-2007, 10:23 AM
There is nothing wrong with white grips. However black is cooler.

(plus it may look better on a particular racquet then white)

(plus if you are going for that badass all black look, and you have a nice mostly black racquet, having a bright white grip kind of spoils it)

At least Wilson H2O comes in black. (I see that basic Tournagrip does as well, but not the XL size which is probally more necessary)

So again, maybe if I wanted to be polictically correct I should of said why cant they make white and black grips at the same time?

Cant we all just get along??? :-)

yup, my PS6.0 look awesome with a black grip. i dont like H2O or tournagrip cuz it doesnt hav alot of tack. my hands dont sweat either

JavierLW
08-28-2007, 01:10 PM
yup, my PS6.0 look awesome with a black grip. i dont like H2O or tournagrip cuz it doesnt hav alot of tack. my hands dont sweat either

Did you ever try the grey Pro OverGrip? If so, let me know.

I was considering trying that once I get indoors again for the winter tennis season (Im using H2O now because my hands sweat a lot).

However black would be cooler still.

Ive tryed what they call "Red" (is actually reddish pink and is not cool), and Teal. Neither were too exciting.

ProStaff Legend
08-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Did you ever try the grey Pro OverGrip? If so, let me know.

no i havnt. i was thinking about it but i decided to stick with black

chlsmo
08-29-2007, 01:08 AM
Yonex supergrap comes in black and it is similar to Wilson Pro IMO. Although I prefer the Wilson grips, I wish either company would make reels of their colored varieties.

racquet_jedi
01-29-2008, 06:24 PM
If they made a black Wilson Pro Grip, I would be all over that like cheese on a stack of nachos, though I actually don't like nachos...

Zhou
01-29-2008, 06:28 PM
I know, if you use your white wilson grip long enough, it will eventually turn black!

chlsmo
01-29-2008, 11:01 PM
FYI the Yonex Supergrap now does come in black reels and is very similar to the Wilson Pro Overgrip, Try it you'll like it (probably).

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACYONEX-YSGRWBK.html

iplaybetter
01-30-2008, 04:47 AM
yes you are all alone, i think they would do well to produce collors though i like white

Lefty5
01-30-2008, 06:47 AM
White is for chicks

vinnier6
01-30-2008, 07:52 AM
the black might be hotter in the summer...but i might be willing to give it a try....

JavierLW
01-30-2008, 08:03 AM
yes you are all alone, i think they would do well to produce collors though i like white

No I am not alone, did you actually read this thread? :-)

They do make different colors (red which looks like pink, even a more pink, teal......), but the do not make a black pro overgrip. Only girly colors and white. (white can be taken just about any way)

JavierLW
01-30-2008, 08:04 AM
the black might be hotter in the summer...but i might be willing to give it a try....

I use a black grip and Ive never notice it heat up in the summer. Not really sure why but havent noticed it yet. (although it could be because it's dripping with my sweat)

Black shirt though....not a good idea....

TsongaBonga
01-30-2008, 01:43 PM

They go brown!!!!! And blaxk would suit my racket more.:twisted:

kike_valerin
01-30-2008, 02:31 PM
i really like black grips

i recent shop yonex super grap 30 pack on black !! :D

Shaolin
01-30-2008, 03:41 PM
No you are not alone.

I buy 10 and 30 pack pro overgrips and they only have lame colors available in those rolls (besides white). Like pink and flourescent green or something.

Wilson, please make rolls in normal colors or even just black and grey. Thanks.

Bud
01-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Yonex supergrap comes in black and it is similar to Wilson Pro IMO. Although I prefer the Wilson grips, I wish either company would make reels of their colored varieties.

The Gamma2, Smart and Supreme are all good, too. very similar to Wilson Pro and Yonex Supergrap.

Bud
01-30-2008, 04:12 PM
I stopped using the Wilson Pro, even though I liked them quite a bit because I couldn't get them in black. I only like black grips.

vndesu
01-30-2008, 05:26 PM
the color doesnt matter.
just the playability is all i look for.

racquet_jedi
01-30-2008, 07:05 PM
the color doesnt matter.
just the playability is all i look for.

Actually, because of the value of pleasing aesthetics in humans, the best thing in a wrong color could eventually start to bother you psychologically...:wink:

888Factor
01-31-2008, 03:48 AM
try the Gamma Grip 2 in black...you'll love it

[d]ragon
02-01-2008, 01:08 PM
i would use wilson pro forever if they came in black

[d]ragon
02-01-2008, 01:09 PM
The Gamma2, Smart and Supreme are all good, too. very similar to Wilson Pro and Yonex Supergrap.

how do these compare to pro interms of tack and durability? i guess i;ll try them