PDA

View Full Version : Anyone feel this way about the PHT?

cho1220
08-27-2007, 07:01 PM
First day I got it strung up in a brand new frame.. i was playing probably the best i've ever played. Now..my shots seem to fly long without any reason to it. I don't know if its me or the strings, but it definitely seems like what I could do greatly decreased over a very short amount of time.

has anyone felt this way? should i cut them out?

Knight Terrence Kuo III
08-27-2007, 07:13 PM
a number of factors can be contributing into your problems. The lost of tension in poly strings are very well known. What my coach tells me is that stringing a little bit above your comfortable tension, like 2-4 pounds more will not only increase the durability of your strings but your best playing results with it. I use PH as a full and supposedly it is suppose to lose tension faster than PHT, i don't really have a problem with that cause i string it at 63. Poly lasts a fair amount of time so chances are you will wear them out before you actually break them.

bluescreen
08-27-2007, 07:21 PM
ive never had that problem. ive left a pht job on for about 2 months and it had consistent playability the whole time. there's the expected tension loss, but nothing as dramatic as what u've described. maybe u were just having an off day.

ProStaff Legend
08-28-2007, 10:17 AM
never had the problem either. my problem was that i tried to play with it fresh off the machine and it sucked cuz the tension hadnt dropped yet. after tho, it played fine