PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Stringing Machines - Still Happy With Them?

SlapShot
08-28-2007, 07:01 AM
I remember some posts a while back about the Alpha Pioneer and Revo machines, and I am ready to upgrade my stringer (ATS Super Stringer 2), and am definitely tempted by the Alpha machines.

Are they still highly regarded by those that own them? I'm torn between a Pioneer DC (6 point mounting, fixed clamps) or a Gamma Progression 602 (6 point mounting, floating clamps). This will only be for my own stringing, and possibly my USTA teammates (I charge for the cost of strings + $5 - not looking to make a profit doing this) - any opinions?

Craig Sheppard
08-28-2007, 07:18 AM
I've had my Revo 4000 for 2+ years now and am still very happy with it. The one issue I had with it was addressed very quickly and thoroughly. I would recommend it to anyone. I have not used any Gamma stringers. I previously had a Klippermate and the Revo 4000 is a huge upgrade in both consistency and time savings.

SlapShot
08-28-2007, 07:25 AM
AFAIK, my ATS machine is basically the cheapie Gamma - same color scheme and all. It's 7 years old this Christmas, and I figure after 400 or so string jobs, it's time to upgrade to something a little bit more dee-luxe.

pmata814
08-28-2007, 10:00 AM
I don't own any of the machines you mentioned but I am an Alpha owner (Axis Pro) so I thought I'd chime in anyway. Yes I am still very happy with my purchase. It's been a couple of months and Mark is still great about helping me out with any doubts I might have. Never had a single problem with the machine but I do resort to with questions about the stringing procedures and such. Alpha's been great.

bmichaelia
08-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Happy Alpha Pioneer DC Plus owner. Very solid machine, great customer support. Can't imagine using flying clamps.

gotwheels
08-28-2007, 12:01 PM
Go fixed clamps vs foating clamps. The Alpha Pioneer DC Plus is a solid, excellent performing drop-weight. The Alpha service is top shelf all the way.

Also, the comparable Alpha is less expensive than the similar GAMMA machine. You will not go wrong with either manufacturer.

Gmedlo
08-28-2007, 01:47 PM
After 3 months I still love my Revo :D

No complaints so far, and I haven't even had to mess with the calibration– it's been spot on every time, even after 25+ stringjobs.

VGP
08-28-2007, 01:54 PM
I've had my Alpha Pioneer III for 12 years and still am satisfied......

Mind you, I only string my thin flat beamed midsize frames on it so the machine is a perfect match.

robkat
08-28-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm coming up on two years with my Axis Pro. I have encountered no problems with it and have been very happy with it.

Chicken Neck
08-28-2007, 10:31 PM
I've had my Alpha Apex II since the model was first released and I love it.