tonycheese
10-27-2004, 07:58 PM
well not you maybe but... i told someone

chad shaver
10-27-2004, 08:14 PM
LOL. It's ok.

Phil
10-27-2004, 08:23 PM
Chad - I thought you were a Braves fan. You turning fairweather?!?

chad shaver
10-27-2004, 09:03 PM
Well, the Braves weren't in the Series. I enjoy watching a lot of teams and players play. Besides, the BoSox took out the Yankees, so what's not to love?

Phil
10-27-2004, 09:35 PM
I didn't want to say it, but after the Sox beat the Yankees after being down 3 games, I knew they would take the series. You don't do something that's never been done in 105 years, and then lose to a team with spotty pitching. But I'm an NL fan...looks like many of the Sox fans will kill or maim each other anyway, so Darwin to the rescue-again.

Deuce
10-27-2004, 10:49 PM
Ok, they finally did it - and it was really nice to see. From the brink of defeat vs. the Yankees to Champions eight straight wins later.

But, honestly... we all know that the only reason they won was because of the Lunar eclipse...

The gravitational pull of the moon was temporarily altered, and, being the mathematical genius that he is, BoSox third base coach Dale Sveum calculated the precise momentum change that was required of each pitch thrown by a Red Sox pitcher, as well as how the gravitational inconsistency would affect each pitch thrown to a Red Sox batter.

Don't believe me? How many World Series have the Red Sox won when there's been no Lunar eclipse?

bcaz
10-27-2004, 11:15 PM
Good point ... by the way, as a Mets fans to my marrow, it's always boggled my mind, am I the only one who noticed? ... The score was already tied when Mookie hit the grounder to Buckner, and the Mets were at home ... I've played the tape dozens of times since then, and Bob Stanley was nowhere to be seen. Mookie, from the left side of the plate, was almost rounding the bag already... What about Game 7? Like it never happened? Billy Buck never deserved it. Kudos to the Red Sox and my fellow New Englanders. Give them credit: No one has ever taken it more seriously, other than certain murderous South American soccer fans.

Kevin Patrick
10-28-2004, 08:37 AM
bcaz,
I also wonder why the Buckner play has been so dwelled upon, the game was tied, that out wouldn't have won the series. I think Donnie Moore & Mitch Williams were much bigger blown opportunities. I think it's just the media & sef-loathing sox fans latched on to that Buckner play(which looks comical to those who didn't watch the game) & played it over & over until he solely became responsible for 80 years of frustration. Which is all gone now.

K. Wilson Moose
10-28-2004, 05:36 PM
The curse of the Bambino has been exorcised. Way to go BoSox, very impressive!