PDA

View Full Version : Default/Factory tension in PDC+?

Mister G
08-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone knew the exact tension on your strings when you get a new pre-strung Babolat Pure Drive Cortex Plus? I know usually its somewhere in the middle of the range but I was hoping for more specific numbers. Thanks!

nickb
08-28-2007, 03:57 PM
It could be strung at any tension....the factory strings are not strung with care and the string is crap. Best thing to do is cut them out and restring.

Mister G
08-29-2007, 04:27 AM
Shame. I hit with the factory strings for a little bit and feel that I need it to be strung a couple pounds tighter.. problem is I dont know what its strung at so I'll have to guestimate when I string this *******... Should I assume its strung in the middle range?

jonolau
08-29-2007, 06:09 AM
Shame. I hit with the factory strings for a little bit and feel that I need it to be strung a couple pounds tighter.. problem is I dont know what its strung at so I'll have to guestimate when I string this *******... Should I assume its strung in the middle range?

As nick pointed out, it could be strung at any tension as they're more concerned about shipping them out than getting the tension accurate.

I would strongly suggest stringing it at mid-tension and adjust this with your next stringing.